Project Accountant Assistant
Posted on: October 30, 2018
Job Description GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
As a global firm, GHD continues to expand our market presence across North America.
As part of this effort, we are looking for a Project Accountant in based in our Midland office.
The Project Accountant primary functions is to analyze and maintain the cost, productivity, progress and risks of multiple projects and their financial performance. This role will act as a business partner to Project Managers, Principals and others to promote the accuracy and integrity of project financial data in the Management Information System, and maintaining timely recognition of revenue.
- Assists Project Analyst Manager with overseeing a Region of projects
- Proficiency in project financial management - creating and maintaining billing milestones, tracking labor and material costs, understanding different commercial terms (cost plus, fixed price, time and material), managing invoicing and collections, analyzing project actual, committed and planned costs
- Monitor the overall integrity of the project budget and forecasting of costs, revenue, cash flows and backlog in accordance with approved contractual operating procedures
- Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential budget impacts. Monitor identified trends and mitigation plans over time against actual performance Review, analysis and oversight of budget and expenditures against projects based upon various funding sources
- Participate in reoccurring meetings with schedulers to review cost and schedule performance to determine cost overruns/ underruns, issues with project durations, or variances in spend analyzing plan versus expenditures over period of time
- Review, analysis and oversight of monthly cost reports and monthly progress reports
- Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget/timetable and accurate cost coding and reporting
- Organize and participate in monthly project and WIP reviews
- Participate in month-end close to include preparing journal entries, reviewing projects and trial balances, and providing monthly financial updates
- Oversee day-to-day billing functions. Understand billing requirements in order to efficiently and effectively generate invoices and provide backup documentation to management and clients.
- Provide month end support by preparing journal entries and working capital support by assisting project manager in A/R collections and ensuring required comments are up to date
- Maintain good internal controls and policies based on accounting principles and financial standards about general project accounting.
- Provide financial support to project team including financial reporting, new project and phase set-up, assisting with project close-out Key Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 4+ years accounting experience, with minimum 2-3 years in project accounting experience in a project based organization
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize, plan and manage multiple tasks
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Strong knowledge of Excel, BST, SAP and/or Oracle preferred
This is a lifetime opportunity for individuals who are driven, passionate, looking to be challenged in their leadership and career development. To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career, apply today and check out our website at www.ghd.com
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.
Keywords: GHD, Midland , Project Accountant Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!