Company: Patterson-UTI Drilling
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Midland, TX, US
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
The Business Manager will primarily assist and support Drilling Operations by conducting financial analysis and metrics reporting, budgeting, capital expenditure monitoring, and insuring compliance with internal controls. The Business Manager will also assist as required with special projects, ERP development, contracts and audits.
The Business Manager reports to the Director of Business, and will support Drilling Operations and Technical Services groups.
* Utilize financial and operating reports to identify operational, human resource, and ERP system deficiencies or opportunities, and coordinate resolution
* Coordinates and assist with development of Key Performance Indicators, and strategic goals
* Reviews and develops analyses of revenue, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department and district progress toward goals and objectives
* Develop Capital Budgets, conduct project analysis, and provide project variance reports
* Participate in management meetings related to the organizations operations and budgets
* Assist in formulating and administering organization policies and procedures
* Monitors and coordinate compliance with company s policies, internal SOX and Audit controls
* Facilitate the development and implementation of ERP systems and metrics report automation
* Provide leadership and direction to team bases on business needs, goals or strategic objectives
* Maintains communication and relationships with other internal and external departments to meet business needs and improve efficiencies
* Collaborate with business development on customer negotiations, contract pricing and performance reviews
* Understand business implications of decisions and display focus on profitability
* Ability to create and present reports, presentations, procedures, and process documents
* Ability to prepare schedules, coordinate projects, events, and conduct meetings
* Ability to lead and communicate effectively when interacting with management, subordinates, co-workers and third parties
* Demonstrate ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Display strong character, ethics and integrity
* Proficiency with written and email communication including use of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and comfort navigating through different software applications
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or related discipline
* Possess strong knowledge of drilling operations and drilling equipment
* 2+ years experience in Oracle or other similar enterprise resource applications
* Microsoft Office computer skills (Excel, Work & PowerPoint)
* Experience with drilling contracts, negotiations, and audit resolution
* Profit & Loss responsibility / accountability
* Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources
* 5+ years of Supervisory/Management experience
* Maintain advance knowledge of trends affecting the drilling industry in all relevant areas including political and legal
This position requires the person to be able to work in a time sensitive, high visible role and regularly travel as needed to support business units and visit work sites. It may also require extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) during variable hours. Variable work hours including hours worked on weekends, on holidays, and hours to travel within and outside of the assigned region. They must work with an emphasis on providing timely customer response, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize to maximize efficiency of the team. Must be able to work closely with others and manage customer interaction in a professional manner. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE).
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.
Keywords: Patterson-UTI Drilling, Midland , Business Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!