TV Multi-Media Journalist
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Entravision Communications Corporation
Location/Market: Midland, TX
Assists with various aspects of news production. Responsible for
shooting, writing, editing, and publishing content, coordinating
and conducting interviews, and representing the station in
community related events. Reports to the News Director.
1. Creates multimedia content for multi-platform distribution (TV &
2. Shoots, writes, and edits story ideas.
3. Coordinates, organizes and conducts interviews.
4. Gathers, edits, packages and publishes local news content -
focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic.
5. Writes text articles, publishes video clips and edits image
galleries according to the local editorial "voice in the station's
websites and social media accounts.
6. Develops and maintains a network of contacts providing access to
7. Assists producer in establishing sources, finding and executing
enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong
list of story ideas.
8. Represents the station in community related events.
1. Technical Capability.
2. Strategic Thinking.
4. Communication Proficiency.
6. Ability to Work Well Under Pressure.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position. Must be willing to undertake shift
work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation. Must be
able to work holidays. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Reports directly to News Director
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, or related
2. Must be fluent in Spanish (high level of reading, writing, and
speaking the language is essential).
3. Must have strong English, reading, writing and speaking.
4. Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing experience with good
ratings track record.
5. Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
1. Ability to lift and/or carry and manage news photography and
2. Exposed frequently to outside conditions.
3. Must be able to work holidays.
4. Must work hours necessary to perform responsibilities as
5. If not a citizen of USA, must have permanent work permit.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify
system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the
Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm
work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Keywords: Entravision, Midland , TV Multi-Media Journalist, Advertising , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!