Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Facility: -Lea County Correctional FacilityCompensation Base:
-$39,353.60Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryMaintains a classroom environment that facilitates
the teaching of Adult Basic Education, English Language
Development, and Special Education and basic subjects required to
pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more
subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and
language arts.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education
subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general
life skills information.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in
English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee
work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Valid teaching certificate from the state Department of
Education or comparable authority required.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Midland , INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMICS, Education / Teaching , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!