Principal (Alamo Junior High School) 2023-2024
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: January 26, 2023
PRINCIPAL (ALAMO JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL) 2023-2024(#9245)
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted: January 12, 2023
- Starting Date: Immediately Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
DescriptionEXEMPT STATUS: ExemptNO. OF DAYS: 226PAY GRADE: 8
-DEPARTMENT: Junior High SchoolSUPERVISES: -
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assistant/intern
principal(s), teacher(s), counselor(s), librarian(s), and support
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Mid-Management Certification or Principal
- Certified in the Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher -
- Previous campus administrative experience preferred -POSITION
FUNCTION/PURPOSE:Direct and manage the instructional program and
supervise operations at the campus level. Provide instructional
leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service.
Direct the implementation of district policies and instructional
programs and manage the operation of all campus activities. -MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES: Instructional Management -
- Use the district's mission as a focal point of instructional
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that
program activities are related to -program outcomes and use these
findings for corrective action and improvement, as well as for
-recognition of success.
- Work with staff to plan, implement, and evaluate the curriculum
on a systematic basis; include -students and community
representatives (when appropriate).
- Coordinate, monitor and support feeder school academic programs
through working closely with feeder school principals.
- Help teachers design learning experiences for students.
- Encourage the development and piloting of research-based and
proven innovative programs.
- Facilitate the planning and application of emerging
technologies in the classroom.
- Assess and plan improvement of the school.
- Serve as campus PEIMS coordinator. - School/organization morale
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support
teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Through the use of effective communication skills, foster
collegiality and team building among -staff; encourage their active
involvement in the decision process.
- Provide for two-way communications with superintendent, staff,
students, parents, and community.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high level performance
from staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement while
promoting a positive, caring climate of learning.
- Facilitate effective and timely resolution of conflicts. -
School/Organization Improvement -
- Determine and build a common vision with staff for school
improvement; direct planning activities and implement program
collaboratively with staff to ensure attainment of school's
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings (e.g., effective
school correlates) to facilitate school improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and use appropriate information systems and
records necessary for attainment of campus performance objectives
addressing each academic excellence indicator.
- Ensure continuous renewal of curriculum, policies, and
- Interview, select, and orient new staff.
- Monitor the Mentor/Induction Program activities at the campus
level through regular communication with campus administrators,
administrative interns, department chairs, team liaisons, mentors
and/or first year teachers, and keep Professional Development
Director informed of program activities, recommendations for
- Define expectations for staff performance regarding
instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication
with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences with all -staff.
- Make recommendations relative to personnel placement,
evaluation, transfer, retention, promotion, -and dismissal.
- Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth;
work jointly with them to develop -and accomplish improvement goals
and delegate appropriately.
- Encourage personal and professional growth and leadership among
- Comply with applicable personnel policies and rules.
- Identify the necessary personnel resources to meet objectives.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal & Facilities Functions -
- Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal
laws and regulations affecting the schools.
- Develop budgets based upon documented program needs, staff
input, estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs;
implement programs within budget limits; maintain fiscal control;
accurately report fiscal information.
- Manage the use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of
facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, -and safe campus and make
recommendations for upgrade when necessary.
- Compile reasonable budgets and cost estimates.
- Manage a broad range of school operations (for example,
attendance, accounting, payroll transportation) and activity funds.
- Student Management -
- Work with faculty and encourage student understanding of the
student management system that -results in positive student
behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that
student discipline is appropriate and -equitable.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers
concerning school and student issues -through an active home/school
- Develop and communicate guidelines for student conduct.
- Coordinate, monitor and support feeder school extracurricular
programs through working closely with feeder school principals,
coaches, band directors and/or sponsors. School or Community
- Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit
its support in realizing the mission.
- Lead a collaborative process to develop campus performance
objectives based on district policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate
activities to meet those identified -needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and
- Serve as or appoint a person to serve as deputy registrar for
the county (high school principal only). - Professional Growth and
- Formulate, with the executive director of operations, an annual
Principal Professional -Development Plan.
- Observe professional and ethical standards in accordance with
generally accepted community -standards and the Texas Education
Agency code of ethics.
- Use information and insights provided through assessment
instruments, the district appraisal process, evaluative feedback
from line supervisors, and professional development programs to
- Provide leadership in addressing challenges facing the
profession; pursue professional -development activities;
disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
- Participate actively in professional associations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the appropriate
executive director and/or the Superintendent or as may be necessary
for job effectiveness. - Accountability & Campus Performance
- Use information from the district and state accountability
reports and campus performance objectives to determine
-instructional targets at all grade levels in order to improve
student performance. -QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Special
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching
- Strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal
- Ability to work well with a diverse population
- Strive to produce an exemplary campus. -PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environment Factors:
- Emotional - Maintain emotional control under stress. Work with
frequent interruptions. -
- Physical - Moderate carrying and lifting. Standing, sitting,
walking, use of fingers, eyes and ears
- Occasional district-wide travel; occasional prolonged and
- Environment - Inside normal office environmentWORK
ENVIRONMENT:The environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Must be able to maintain emotional
control under stress. Occasionally required to travel to facilities
within the district. May be required to work after school and
weekends.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all
work requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, the minimum
level of education noted as a requirement could be supplemented by
commensurate experience and/or certification(s) as determined by
the hiring manager.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category : Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Midland , Principal (Alamo Junior High School) 2023-2024, Education / Teaching , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!