Enterprise Hardware Repair Field Engineer
Posted on: January 13, 2020
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds
high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change
the world. Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable
advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to
learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems
with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a
global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers
successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving
our clients' successes while giving back to communities and making
a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make
this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our
success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and
breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives.
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys,
Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role:
* Respond to technical service hardware repair requests on
enterprise-level servers, PC and laptop computers, storage
sub-systems and drives and networking devices at client locations
in western Texas (Midland, Odessa, etc.).
* Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs/replaces hardware
components on a variety of equipment which may include enterprise
servers, mainframe, networking, storage-subsystems and drives,
telecommunications equipment, high-end document processing
equipment, peripherals and PCs.
* Provides deskside support including software, hardware and
networking support for desktops, laptops and servers.
* Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and takes
responsibility for additional follow-up, testing and
troubleshooting services or problem escalation.
* Maintains professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
* High school diploma or GED required. Background investigation and
drug screen required.
* Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with
* 2+ years of experience in an enterprise field service support
role providing break/fix hardware repair for a variety of vendor
server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software,
hardware and operating system issues. Must be knowledgeable on
various Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications.
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to
work effectively with internal and external customers. Excellent
problem solving skills.
* A+ certification required. HPE, Cisco, Dell and EMC
certifications are highly desired
* Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation. Must be
available for varying shifts on a rotating basis.
img height=1 width=1 border=0
Keywords: Unisys, Midland , Enterprise Hardware Repair Field Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!