Company: Roberts Truck Center
Posted on: November 18, 2021
POSITION DESCRIPTION:The Service Technician conducts diesel
equipment repairs and preventive maintenance requirements;
correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments
in the Service Department of a retail dealership environment.HLAs -
HIGH LEVERAGE ACTIVITIES (focus actions that will return the
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic test; identifying worn and damaged parts focusing on
safety, quality and customer up time.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing,
adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing
major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems,
such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning,
fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop
operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing
loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil
systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Embrace training opportunities maintaining certification in OEM
productsKEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment. Including
trouble shooting, electrical and diagnostic services.
- Read Repair Order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation
to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and
- Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads,
rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials,
fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace
transmissions and other parts.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety
devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify
conformance to specifications.
- Advise the Service Supervisor if additional repair work is
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Maintain a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling
of company tools
- Follow safe work practices and procedures, uses safety
equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely
and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical
- Other duties assigned by manager.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED is required. Combination of
education, training, or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Related technical school training preferred.
- Three to five years of commercial truck technical service
- Engine certifications preferred: Cummins, Detroit,
- Necessary tools to perform job responsibilities
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to use various windows based computer software.
Experience with engine software a plus
- Valid commercial driver's license preferred.PHYSICAL AND
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:Duties are performed throughout the inside
and outside of the building(s). Employee is exposed to dirt, dust,
heat, cold, noise and vibration, fumes and odors, wetness and
humidity, and sometimes darkness. Employee is required to stand,
walk, kneel, squat, crawl, bend, and twist. Employee may have to
climb and/or lift up to and over 80 pounds frequently. Visual
requirements are constant. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Due
to the nature of the environment, employee is exposed to potential
mechanical, chemical, electrical and fire hazards on a regular
basis.NOTE: This Position Profile is not intended to be an
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
required to meet the on-going needs of the company. The Position
Profile is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not
an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the
job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require
that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g.
emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or
Keywords: Roberts Truck Center, Midland , Service Technician, Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!