Company: Lufkin Industries
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for Engineering associated with the manufacturing
process. Developing annual operational plans for manufacturing
engineering activities at plant level and supports operations
through shop floor daily meetings and design reviews. The
manufacturing engineer will be the main manufacturing point of
contact to suggest improvements in products, processes and
- Define and control production process including tooling,
fixtures, and equipment
- Define alternative routings for products to accommodate
capacity and capability, support planning and production team.
- Establish manufacturing process time (routings) for all
manufacturing areas. Responsible for accuracy of the routings in
- Analyze product cost and provide support for process
improvements initiatives to reduce it.
- Validate design specifications and shop floor application of
new product, tools, or equipment.
- Leads a small CAPEX project with budget up to $ 1.0
- Support continuous improvement activities: KAIZEN, Six Sigma,
- Define Manufacturing Methods and provide training for the
manufacturing team on the new developed Methods. Periodically
evaluate manufacturing Methods and update as needed.
- Review manufacturing nonconformance and provide support to
identify root cause and for rework process.
- Follows HSE requirements and help implementing them in standard
- Follows QMS requirements
- Follows Companys Compliance requirements.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
- Mechanical Engineer - Bachelor's degree from an accredited
university or college
- Lean & Six Sigma previous experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Lufkins proud past extends back to the early 20th century when the
Lufkin Foundry manufactured railroad and sawmill equipment. The
company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in
the 1920s. Today, Lufkin is a world leader in its field, providing
precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to
customers around the globe.
Lufkin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Lufkin Industries, Midland , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!