Company: GD Energy Products
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description GD Energy Products – New Name, Same LegacyThe
company you have known as Gardner Denver High Pressure Solutions
has a new name – GD Energy Products. Now for more than 160 years,
we have made it our business to lead the industry with unmatched
products and services; and I can promise that while our identity
may change, deep down, who we are as a company never will. GD
Energy Products is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to work in
Odessa, TX.When joining GD Energy Products, you will be eligible
for many of our competitive benefits, including: vacation, 401K
matching, paid holidays, sick days, full medical/dental/vision
benefits, short/long term disability, maternity/paternity leave and
many more! Entry Level Candidates Welcome! Training Will Be
Provided!!Job Summary:The Maintenance Mechanic will oversee the
performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
- Works with limited supervision and follows standard procedures
to assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot, and reassemble pumps. Uses
knowledge gained through significant on the job experience to
assess and recommend solutions for pumps not performing to
- Reads work instructions to disassemble, troubleshoot, repair
and reassemble parts into a subassembly or major assembly for
installation onto the final product.
- Reads non-conforming product reports (NCR) or other quality
documents to identify product deficiencies; may create NCR or other
similar documents and edit these documents to report findings and
repairs performed to close out the NCR.
- Checks alignments, clearances, bore size, welds, threads or
damaged holes to determine what further work is needed. Uses
measuring instruments including mics and calipers to check
- Examines frames, fluid ends, and all components within each
major or subassembly to identify damage requiring weld and/or
- Where applicable, must be able to perform NDT test per GD
Energy Products work instructions
- Hand finishes surfaces, using burr tools and abrasive cloth to
make corrections and adjust bore sizes or clearances. Uses various
grinding tools to grind and polish surfaces back to a useable
- Visually checks entire pump and fluid end and all components to
assure that all identified damage to the product has been corrected
and is completed prior to release to the next production or test
- Completes teardown, pre-assembly, builds and times various
standard and specialty pumps.
- Disassembles all main shafts. Dissembles and reassembles pumps
and fluid ends.
- May be assigned to Test Cell: Preps, installs and hook up of
various standard and specialty pumps. (Diesel, Small or
- May travel for field assignments, often with short notice.
Responsible for compliance with travel and expense policies and for
timely submission of travel related expenses. Must maintain valid
driver license and eligibility to drive a Company vehicle (owned,
leased, or rented). Fully responsible for the care and return of
any company tools or equipment issued for use in a field job
- Serves as a resource with full knowledge regarding all assembly
procedures and functions. Trains new employees and mentor's
coworkers; shares knowledge gained through experience
- Uses overhead hoist and other material handling equipment to
move and position assemblies; may be forklift certified.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and
quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and
rules is an essential function for the job. Overtime, including
potential for nights and/or weekend shifts may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assignedRequired Skills/Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in industrial maintenance work repairing and
maintaining heavy industrial equipment. (strong preference for
experience in pumps or similar manufacturing environment)
- Some vocational or community college with related coursework or
equivalent experience, preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach,
clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. GD Energy
Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration
for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected
veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by
applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information
about your rights under the law, see
Keywords: GD Energy Products, Midland , Mechanic, Engineering , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!