Company: dcp Midstream
Posted on: May 15, 2022
DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to
meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus
on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a
strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing,
gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to
supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility,
continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees
contribute to the success of the company and should be able to
share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the
short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to
individual and company performance. Depending on the position and
level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term
incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to
performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that
includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive
401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique
benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and
offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave,
sick time, and vacation time.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing complex
mechanical functions and duties including inspecting, checking,
troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment in
order to maintain high levels of safe and reliable equipment
performance. Possesses a high level of skills and is qualified to
direct others, lead projects, perform the most complex
troubleshooting and repair tasks. May oversee contractors. Mentors
and trains less skilled employees.
What you will be responsible for
- Performs complex troubleshooting and root cause analysis of
recurring issues failures on reciprocating engines, compressors,
pumps, and associated components.
- Leads or performs overhaul of compressors and engines engine
swings, including foundation work, initial alignment, testing, and
- Provides Quality Assurance Quality Control over 3rd Party
contractors performing major maintenance.
- Provides informal leadership and guidance in support of MWP
- Maintains and repairs engines, compressors and associated
components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and
lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintains and repairs of pumps and associated components, such
as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Maintains and repairs other mechanical equipment such as block
valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve actuators,
- Maintains and repairs fixed equipment such as filters (all
types), strainers, dehydration systems, etc.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather
conditions, at remote field locations and is available for
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk
management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure
compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, Maximo
work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory
- Optimize work in most effective (efficient and leveraging
priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process
(MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good
- Effectively utilize tools and test equipment as needed.
- Respond to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required
- May oversee contractors, providing specialty services (Quality
Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information
to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil
and gas operations experience is required. Employees typically have
three or more years of experience in oil and gas operations
specializing in mechanical maintenance; however, people with less
experience may be hired into training roles.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability
to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work extended hours, which may include evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Ability to work safely around various types of rotating
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in
outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and
humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops,
squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes.
Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant.
Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may
lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not
to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran
status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NM-Carlsbad
Job: Operations / Full-time
Job Posting: Mar 3, 2022, 5:50:41 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Keywords: dcp Midstream, Midland , Mechanic, Engineering , Carlsbad, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!