Senior Controls Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 7, 2018
An automation and control service company in Midland, TX, is hiring! In their efforts to expand in the fast-paced, growing oil & gas market in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeast New Mexico, this systems integrator is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to interface with customers on projects and manage multiple crews of technicians.
So what's in it for you? Well, this company...
- is a safety-conscious, ethical, customer-focused organization; it's an employer you can be proud to work for!
- is rapidly growing with endless potential for career growth
- gives you the chance to mentor others and mold your team the way you'd like
- provides challenging and meaningful work in an environment where you will continuously learn
- provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal career development plans
- offers competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities and a benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- requires little to no overnight travel
The ideal Senior Controls Engineer will be a reliable, self-starter who brings technical expertise to the table and can coordinate projects, be hands-on with programming/troubleshooting, manage technicians, and work directly with customers. Project work will include well-pad installations, compressor stations, salt-water disposals (SWD's), and plants.
- A 2 year Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation, or Process Controls, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience as an automation, instrumentation, or process controls technician or field engineer is required.
- Previous experience managing junior/apprentice technicians required.
- PLC, HMI, and RTU programming experience.Experience:
The ideal individual for this Senior Controls Engineer role will have experience in the following:
- Oversee, plan and coordinate projects to ensure safe and reliable service
- Train and lead in-house technicians, work to develop team members providing feedback and coaching
- Communicate with customers, visit customer and work sites – balancing your time in the office and in the field.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity
- RTU's, EFM's, VFD's (ROC 107, 800, ABB TotalFlow)
- Program PLC, RTU and HMI based on clients needs, requirements and C&E
- PLC Programming (Idec, ScadaPack, Allen Bradley)
- HMI Development and Programming (Beijer, Red Lion, IDEC, Maple Systems & Panel Views)
- Communication protocols & radio communications (Freewave, Xetawave, MDS)
- Networking TCP/IP
- Instrumentation Calibrations
- Wireless Instrumentation
- Solar Powered Systems
- Ability to interpret electrical and Process and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs)
- Modbus protocol language
- Develop C&E and control Narratives
Keywords: Job Juncture, Midland , Senior Controls Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!