Engineer, Reliability (Midland Facility)
Company: Enterprise Products Company
Posted on: December 5, 2018
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Reliability Engineer reports to the Reliability Regional Manager and will be responsible for continuously improving our reliability program for the assigned assets. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review equipment repair scopes, document down time, lost production, mean time between repairs and develop root cause failure analysis reports in order to review and revamp existing preventive and predictive programs for the equipment.
- Automate/develop reliability reports to benchmark existing equipment performance.
- Monitor and calculate gas turbine and compressor efficiencies.
- Implement case studies as needed to improve performance on gas turbines, compressors and pumps.
- Help troubleshoot, recommend and implement solutions to mechanical problems.
- Monitor condition of key pumps, compressors, gas turbines, and motors in order to develop and maintain a major overhaul plan for operating regions.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues using vibration analysis.
- Witness critical equipment performance tests at OEM facilities.
- Support Project Engineering group in reviewing equipment specifications and equipment selection, monitor installation and successful start-up of rotating equipment.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in gas and liquid pipeline, plant, petrochemical or refinery is required.
- Must have a broad understanding of rotating equipment as it relates to a plant environment.
- Experience with pumps, gear boxes, centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, compressor surge controls, vibration protection for rotating equipment, reciprocating equipment, etc.
- Experience in equipment vibration analysis.
- Basic understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance concepts as it applies to rotating and reciprocating equipment.
- Proficient on personal computers, in particular, word processing and spreadsheets, database programs and data acquisition systems.
- Strong knowledge in performance monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of rotating equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good technical writing ability and able to adapt and learn new methods in performing the job function.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25&, with some overnight stays, is required.
Keywords: Enterprise Products Company, Midland , Engineer, Reliability (Midland Facility), Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!