PTE Field Engineer
Company: Power Engineers
Posted on: August 14, 2019
PTE Field Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support testing, commissioning, and isolation of Protection and
Control systems on high voltage substations
- Technical and Safety Development
- Support the process of Field Reports.
- Actively support and promote Human Performance Improvement
(HPI) and safe working practices
- Perform clerical responsibilities such as time cards, expense
reports and project reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology
degree in similar discipline
- Ability to meet minimum insurability standards based on a Motor
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol test
- Ability to pass seven (7) year background check
- Good interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, and ability
to perform mathematical calculations and working knowledge of
- Administrative software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Pre-commissioning experience related to electric utility
protection and control systems and associated HV equipment such as
breakers, transformer, capacitor banks, and reactors
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings to perform
isolations of protective systems
- Strong ability to coordinate different parties and firms both
internal and external to keep project on track
- Development of complex sequencing plans to minimize rework in
brown field substation upgrades and retrofits.
- Certified as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or ability to obtain
EIT within six (6) months of hire date
- Willingness to travel in assigned region to client sites
requiring overnight stays
- Experience in managing electrical drawing as-built and check
out of protective systems
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every
level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have
the chance to make a positive impact on the environment,
participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find
the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your
career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most
importantly, we strive to be our clients' first choice. These
traits - and deep technical skill - account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company,
we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where
we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package,
professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER
Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be
contradictory to some, but it works well for us.
Keywords: Power Engineers, Midland , PTE Field Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!