Area Manager (Midland, TX)
Company: Specialized Desanders USA Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
SDI USA provides well Desanding as its exclusive service.
Sand-producing wells that are not equipped with a multiphase sand
separator are subject to erosion, which can quickly present a
dangerous situation. Our control and measurement equipment protects
our clients from blowouts, uncontrolled flows, equipment erosion,
pollution and plugging of valves. Our goal is to help our clients
have the proper equipment in place to get the job done as safely
and efficiently as possible.
The Area Manager provides direction and leadership to the Field
Technicians and Shop Hands in such a manner that enables SDI to
deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
- Designation of employees for field installations, retrievals,
relocations, service calls and field inspections while maintaining
the necessary operations of the field office.
- Ensure all field paperwork completed accurately for each job with
authorized client signatures.
- Ensure that units are assembled, repaired and turned around in a
scheduled, timely manner in accordance with SDI procedures.
- Oversee the inspection and refurbishment of Desanders and
accessories returned from the field, communicate with VP of
Operations if contract labor is required.
- Inspect ongoing and completed projects and trouble shoot any
issues as they arise.
- Manage inventory of spare desander repair parts and required shop
supplies, review these costs and needs with VP of Operations prior
- Uphold the shop and yard to exceptional housekeeping
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in safe and operable
- Continue to build relationships with clientsand co-ordinate with
the US Sales & Marketing team regarding Field Sales and Customer
- Work with Human Resources for employee training, additional
staffing needs, and employee performance reviews.
- Provide mentorship to employees that will maintain positive
working conditions while promoting teamwork in all activities.
- Communicate to the VP of Operations the financial resources
required to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure the training of new SDI employees is in accordance with
our safety manual and legislative requirements.
- Conduct daily tailgate safety meetings as required.
- Ensure monthly facility inspections and ERP drills are being
scheduled and recorded as stated in the safety manual.
- Ensure all vehicles, trailers and equipment are cycled through
the company required and legislated inspection/certification
- Perform all functions of the Desander Technician Position when
- Coordinate technician coverage with client needs, vacation
schedules and other commitments while ensuring customer service is
- Maintain accounting policies towards purchasing, any Operations
purchase over $2,500.00 will require a Purchase Order from Calgary
Accounting. The Area Manager will be responsible for all expenses
(other than gas and travel expenses) under this amount for approval
at the field office level.
- Ensure that SDI safety standards, procedures and government
legislation are maintained for all functions performed in this
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years' experience directly working in the oil & gas
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing and leading people
- Knowledge and skill in management practices and principles
- Customer service focus and attitude. Proactive thinking,
initiative, and self-confidence.
- Good communication, decision making skills, organizational,
administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Stress & time management skills
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft
- Confidentiality when dealing with proprietary company
- This position is based out of Midland, TX and is not eligible for
- Must possess a valid driver's license and provide a current
- Ability/willingness to work and/or be on-call during off-hours
and on weekends, as necessary.
- The ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment or willingness to learn to
operate heavy equipment.
SDI USA Inc. requires candidates be legally authorized to work in
the United States and will provide equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran
status, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,100.06 - $120,850.99 per year
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Midland, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Management: 5 years (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Specialized Desanders USA Inc., Midland , Area Manager (Midland, TX), Executive , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!