Posted on: January 26, 2023
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions
to the industrial and energy markets. Covia's rich legacy includes
many achievements across industries and capital success through
partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right
place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our
commitment to building partnerships that help our customers
Quality and innovation are at the foundation ofCovia; but our real
strength is ourpeople.Coviaemploys a diverse and highly-skilled
team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered
solutions for our customers.Every member of our team has a valuable
opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on
the world around us through our commitment to thelocationswhere we
live and work.
COVIA IS COMMITTED TO EMBRACING AND PROMOTING DIVERSITY AND
INCLUSION (D&I) WHERE WE WORK, WITH WHOM WE DO BUSINESS, AND
WHERE WE LIVE. We strive to create an inclusive culture where
diversity is valued and respected and where all feel included and
engaged. We are intentional in our efforts to bring Team Members
together and create opportunities to contribute their unique
skills, experiences and perspectives in the pursuit of Covia's
business growth objectives. Enabling all Team Members to perform at
their best while being themselves is fundamental to the Clearly
Covia Values and Culture.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Plant Manager who will have a
positive impact on the Operations team at its Kermit, TX location.
As a Plant Manager, you will administer and control all activities
at the location. You will safely provide customers with quality
products, on schedule, at the lowest optimum cost consistent with
Corporate objectives. You will coordinate work with supervisory
personnel in executing plans and achieving goals for location
The successful incumbent will have the following Key
- Administer all phases of location activities,
- Function as leader of the local plant's steering team.
- Implement the basic tenets of Covia's Management System by
instilling a strong sense of "ownership" in subordinates.
- Establish and maintain a system of continuous training:
on-the-job training, simple charting and statistical techniques,
brainstorming, basic process control procedures, and work
- Using the philosophy and techniques of continuous improvement,
initiate various programs to improve quality, eliminate waste,
decrease costs, and improve productivities and other efficiencies.
Develop and implement continuous improvement plans.
- Review mining and production costs and product quality and,
through subordinates, initiate programs to adhere to standards or
establish new and improved standards.
- Manage operating conditions and production schedules and,
through frequent contact with Corporate Operations, Marketing,
Technical Services, Purchasing, Engineering, Safety and Health,
Sales, and Distribution Departments, suggest more desirable
conditions or levels of operation to meet inventory or sales
- Make certain that the location fosters a safety culture,
executes all safety initiatives, and is in compliance with
appropriate regulatory agency guidelines for safety and
- Ensure that all manuals and other informational documents are
kept current, e.g., Corporate Policy and Procedures Manual,
Plant-Specific Policies and Procedures, Corporate QIP Manual and
Plant-Specific Q.C. Manual, Permit/Legal Book, Controlled
Maintenance Program Manual, Position Descriptions, Process
Instructions, and Safety and Health Manual.
- Direct maintenance of physical condition of all facilities
through systematic program of preventative maintenance, repairs,
and through initiation of capital requests when this action appears
appropriate and economical.
- Ensure minimum staffing (salaried and hourly workforce) as
required for the most efficient and economical operation.
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan, including
arranging for adequate fire protection and flood control for the
property, plant, and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve or recommend actions taken
regarding selection, evaluation, compensation, and training of
employees. Conduct the program of performance appraisal for
salaried employees. Prepare development plans and Management
Development Programs for key employees and ensure their
- In union operations, administer labor contracts and participate
in the grievance procedure as established in the plant's collective
bargaining agreement. Establish, maintain, and administer the
location's or Corporate work rules consistent with good employee
and labor relations. Participate as a member of the labor contract
negotiating team. Conduct regular, periodic Company-Union meetings.
Conduct regular, periodic employee information meetings.
- In non-union operations, administer the Employee Handbook.
Establish, maintain, and administer the location's or Corporate
work rules consistent with good employee and labor relations.
Participate as a member of the wage and benefit review team for the
location. Conduct regular, periodic employee information
- Direct the preparation of location budgets, cost controls, and
informational reports. Coordinate the daily, weekly, monthly, and
quarterly reporting procedures.
- Assure the flow of routing information to other departments or
immediate supervisor as may be required.
- Develop and implement action plans to establish and maintain
good relations with neighbors and the local community. Set general
tenor of Company relationships with the community and maintain
personal contacts with local officials in the community and others
in influential positions.
- Develop and implement environmental action plans to ensure
compliance with environmental regulations, and to broaden the
environmental awareness of employees.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree, technical or engineering major strongly
- 5+ years of related heavy industry experience required, mining
or mineral processing experience strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of front-line supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and
- Knowledge of and understanding of safety regulations.
- Experience working in ERP Systems preferred.
- Pleasant and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision,
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long-Term Care
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we
firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our
compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect
within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment
opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related
factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military
service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement
opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Covia, Midland , Plant Manager, Executive , Kermit, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!