Assistant Manager for Plasma Center
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the
future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions
of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its
foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the
health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four
divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies -
develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and
services in more than 100 countries and regions.JOB TITLE:
ASSISTANT MANAGERPOSITION SUMMARY:Assists with operational
management of a Plasma Collection Center, ensuring compliance with
all applicable policies and regulations and overall performance and
profitability of the center. Acts on behalf of the Center Manager
in his/her absence, may manage the center alone for days at a
- Responsible for all aspects of the donor center when the Center
Manager is not present.
- Creates appropriate organizational environment and value
systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work
force and its leadership.
- Collaborates with Training and Quality staff to ensure that
training and quality goals are met.
- Coaches and leads through effective feedback to employees
through the Operations Supervisor(s).
- Monitors and evaluates operations. Works with the Center
Manager to develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and
supervises the implementation of improvements.
- Responsible for all personnel functions including hiring,
assignment and direction of work, development and training,
disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all
- Directs the training activities of production employees through
the Training Coordinator.
- Partners with the center manager in budget preparation and
oversees facility to achieve production targets and quality goals
at the agreed-upon cost structure.
- Review and approve employee schedules to accommodate donor
- Actively delegates, monitors and holds responsible the
operations supervisors for their performance.
- Directs and supervises employees.OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE
- Determine the adequacy and adjust inventory levels of all goods
and supplies necessary of the operation of the donor center.
Compile and submit orders to vendors to meet determined inventory
- Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and
clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working
- Responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma
shipments and equipment failures. Required to answer all freezer
alarms and deal with them appropriately.
- Construct and submit timely and accurate reports on a
daily/weekly/monthly or as required basis.
- Develop and implement active donor recruitment advertising
campaigns to improve production levels.
- Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with
state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
(FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety
and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement
Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Direct key personnel in donor selection, plasma collection and
all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production
standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating
Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good
Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer
satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
- Control center donor funds and ensure that all financial
records are accurate and in order.
- Keep Center Manager informed of any irregularities within the
center and provide action plans to improve and correct center
- Minimize center liability through constant risk management
review. Investigates all unsafe situations and
Situations/complaints. Develops and implements required corrective
- Directs and monitors the performance of outside vendors.
- Review and monitor special projects for accuracy and timely
- Works with the Center Manager in implementing the donor
center's mission into the community.This job description is
intended to present the general content and requirements for the
performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as
an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or
requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as
needed.JOB REQUIREMENTS:Education:Bachelor's degree or equivalent,
preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related
- Typically requires 2 years of related work experience in
clinical or general business environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in a medical and/or cGMP-regulated environment
- Experience with plasma or whole blood
preferred.Equivalency:Depending on the area of assignment, directly
related experience or a combination of directly related education
and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of
the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a
bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could
include 8 years of experience, an associate degree with 6 years of
experience, or a master's degree with 2 years of
experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Developing command of
leadership, organizational, customer service, interpersonal
communication, and computer abilities. Ability to understand and
assess FDA regulations. Ability to maintain adequate levels of
plasma collection and adhere to quality standards. Ability to
motivate staff to achieve established goals and
standards.Occupational Demands:Form #6: Work is performed in an
office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to
biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold
below 32*, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and
production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on
production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as
protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8
hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the
ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers,
hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and
twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a
maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with
occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate
complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the
ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little
guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work
schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates
sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse
groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract
principles to solve complex conceptual issues.\#BiomatUSA, #CB,
#GrifolsJobsEEO Minorities/Female/Disability/VeteransGrifols is
committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance
with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment
discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin,
ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital
status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or
characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws."We are
looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and
enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our
donors/customers."Location:Address: 1363 W University Blvd, Odessa,
TX 79764Contact: Alex S. Contreras, HR Staffing Partner - (213)
219-5494 firstname.lastname@example.orgLearn more about Grifols
- Follow us on Facebook:
- Follow us on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/grifols/To find more jobs with
Grifols: https://grifols.jobsOr Text GRIFOLS to 833-233-7621Req ID:
489107Type: Regular Full-TimeJob Category: Operations
Keywords: Grifols, Midland , Assistant Manager for Plasma Center, Executive , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...