Chief Accounting Officer
Company: Fin'l Services General, Midland, TX
Posted on: October 6, 2018
We are looking for an achievement-oriented Chief Accounting Officer to join a well-respected privately held company in Midland, Texas. As the CAO, you will be responsible for all technical accounting research, documentation and its application to both internal and external reporting. The Chief Accounting Officer will lead the monthly and quarterly review of all key transactions (sales, purchases, fund formation) and help in the advancement of internal controls. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and process oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Chief Accounting Officer must maintain a results-driven approach and hold him/herself accountable for results.
Demonstration of competence and character that inspires trust and loyalty is a must. Our client believes in a strong work life balance and looks forward to adding the right person to their team-driven organization, and they are willing to offer a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package in order to do so.
A successful candidate will:
• Monitor compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws and GAAP and company procedures
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
• Evaluate current accounting practices and controls and drive conversations for continuous improvement and implementation of such procedures as needed
• Prepare financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position. Ensure integrity of all financial information
• Oversee all accounting, including ledgers, assets, credit, collections, and accounts.
• Oversee payroll and budgeting processes to ensure the flow of operations
• Coordinate, maintain and oversee all financial transactions
• Oversee internal and external audits and make recommendations and changes to processes
• Preparing and submitting accounting position papers to the company’s external auditors for new funds and investment structures to ensure proper accounting from day one for each structure
• Track records, plan, and file all state and federal taxes, along with internal and external financial reports.
• The evaluation of all accounting transactions, research and implementation of relevant accounting technical standards, and preparation of technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions
• Preparing quarterly consolidated cash flow statements and dashboards
• Development and implementation and preparation of consolidated financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and supporting schedules
• Challenging and understanding financial information so that issues are resolved, and financial results are properly recorded and presented
• Oversee accounting department
• Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
• Stay abreast on industry changes and current tax/accounting laws
• Represent accounting department at board meetings
• Maintain capital accounts and oversee ownership of all partnerships
• Maintain bank reconciliations
• Maintain banking relationships and management of loan
• Maintain all partnership documents, and monthly distributions to partners
• Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply GAAP to new and existing transactions and proven ability to document and support accounting conclusions
• Audit experience a plus to identify control weaknesses and develop solutions for rapid implementation
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS office applications
• Accounting and/or Finance degree required
• CPA designation
• Familiarity with partnership tax
• WolfePak experience
Keywords: Fin'l Services General, Midland, TX, Midland , Chief Accounting Officer, Executive , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!