Nurse Practitioner, Hobbs
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Covenant Health is seeking a Full Time, Nurse Practitioner--for
Hobbs Admin--Department at Covenant Medical Group. Job Summary:
Provides primary care to patients acting as an assistant to
physicians in the clinic following established standards and
practices with minimal supervision. Essential Functions:
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients
to interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs complete physical exam and records findings.
Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term
medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures and
synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic
plan utilizing principles of prevention. Records all findings.
- Administers medications and injections according to physician
direction. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness
prevention. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and
treatment instructions. Provides patient educations.
- JACC Oncology:
- Perform chart review on Hematology/Oncology new consults and
perform complete H&P. Dictate consultation.
Coordinate/communicate consult with the receiving physician.
Communicate with referring physician when indicated and/or
requested by the receiving physician.
- Perform follow-up visits on established in-patients including
daily rounds with physician or independently, review of lab and
diagnostic tests, documenting progress note, writing appropriate
orders and communicating with physician(s) as appropriate.
- Perform scheduled clinic visits and evaluation of drop-in
patients with problems at the discretion of the physician. Order
appropriate tests, review results and initiate treatment when
indicated. Review treatment plans with physician and seek direction
- Write chemotherapy orders when indicated and with physician
prior to initiating therapy. All orders for chemotherapy must be
co-signed by an oncologist.
- Function as a resource for JACC nursing and support staff.
- Communicate with CMG Oncology Physicians Group using succinct
- Perform procedures commonly required in the care of
Hematology/Oncology according to the delineation of privileges for
this position. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner
- Three (3) years--Professional nursing experience in a clinic
setting. License / Certifications:
- Texas or New Mexico State Registered Nurse license.
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse recognition through
Texas or New Mexico Board of Nursing. ------------------ Covenant
Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our
South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in
Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with
a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of
providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole
person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we
are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West
Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important
Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that
covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area
covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage
profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Midland , Nurse Practitioner, Hobbs, Healthcare , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!