Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Empower People
Posted on: November 17, 2021
General Purpose:Provides nursing care to patients in accordance
with physician's orders, established standards of practice, and the
policies and procedures of the contracting employer. Makes
decisions that are based upon his/her education and experience in
nursing. The LVN's scope of practice requires that his or her
nursing practice be directed by an appropriately licensed
supervisor, e.g. registered nurse, advanced practice registered
nurse, physicianEssential Functions:
- Implements physician orders and reports the patient's response
to care for all patients assigned.
- Recognizes changing patient conditions and emergency situations
and intervenes appropriately within the scope of practice and
contracting employer's policies and procedures.
- Displays a working knowledge of common disease pathophysiology
and common diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Administers medications in accordance with established
medication administration principles, physician's orders, the State
Nurse Practice Act and the contracting employer's policies and
- Reviews and carries out physician orders in a timely and
- Reads and interprets policy and procedure manuals, written
physician's orders, equipment operating instructions and safety
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from physicians, patients,
family/visitors, colleagues and other health care providers and
- Presents written and verbal information and direction to
patients, family, and staff.
- Interprets a variety of technical data as appropriate to
assigned responsibilities and scope of practice (e.g. lab and
diagnostic test results, monitoring equipment, infusion pumps,
- Understands instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
- Applies basic math to job situations (e.g. drug calculations,
intake and output calculations).
- Establishes effective relationships with patients, physicians,
families/visitors, coworkers and superiors.
- Provides direct care to patients with a wide variety of
diagnoses, conditions, and diseases.
- Maintains a safe environment for all patients assigned.
- Responds to emergency/disaster situations according to the
policies and procedures of the contracting employer.
- Operates patient equipment and devices according to
manufacturer's operating instructions and contracting employer's
- Provides legible, clear written or electronic documentation of
all patient care provided, medications administered, and the
patient's response to care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in
accordance with contracting employer's policies and
- Works under the direct supervision of the contracting employer
who is also responsible for monitoring work in progress and
reevaluating the status of the assigned work at the end of the
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state license in good standing in the state in which
- One (1) year nursing experience as defined by the contracting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) training in adults, children
- Effectively reads and communicates in the English
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity (eye-hand coordination).
- Ability to work as a member of a team, including but not
limited to the ability to manage stress appropriately, to make
decisions under pressure, and to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate professional behavior at
- Current Practical/Vocational Nursing License in the state which
you intended to work
- Minimum of 1-year nursing experience preferred.
- Home Health or Hospice experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proof of current auto insuranceFull Time Benefits Includes:
- Competitive wages
- 15 Paid Days off plus 8 Holidays
- 401k with excellent match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Variety of assignments, procedures and treatments.
- Mileage reimbursement
Keywords: Empower People, Midland , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!