Radiation Therapist * Up to 90k/year *
Company: Connected Health Care, LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Radiation Therapist- FULL TIME Sign on BONUSConnected Health
Care is searching for a seasoned Radiation Therapist to join our
team near Hobbs, NM.JOB SUMMARYThe Radiation Therapist, under
general supervision of a Radiation Oncologist, performs radiation
therapy procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients as requested
by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of
disease and injury in accordance with established
protocols.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality radiation therapy procedures, according
to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and
quality of imaging procedures by following established standards
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports
issues to management or appropriate department. Assists in
maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the department by
screening them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiation therapy procedures
according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year OR more of Experience-
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ARRT-T Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T): Certified by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of New
Mexico Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).If
you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity,
please contact:Savannah Rohrbacher - Recruiter(512) - 605 -
Keywords: Connected Health Care, LLC, Midland , Radiation Therapist * Up to 90k/year *, Healthcare , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!