Health & Safety Coordinator
Company: Earth Systems, R&R
Posted on: May 24, 2023
With general direction from the Corporate H&S Director and Operations Manager, the Safety Coordinator works to implement the company's health and safety programs, policies, and procedures, and to promote compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. The Safety Coordinator assists with the coordination of environmental remediation, conducts EH&S compliance inspections, and supports staff awareness of relevant safety and environmental matters.
*ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Support the Corporate H&S Director, Operations Manager, and Project Managers with planning, coordinating, and implementing effective HSE policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
* Perform regular field site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are properly implemented.
* Conduct project kickoff meetings and review JSA's and additional safety items.
* Train operational team members- onboarding, ongoing and annual requirements to ensure that they are fully competent regarding health and safety issues.
* Complete audits and inspections to ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with company policies and safety standards.
* Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions. Recommend best workplace practices to mitigate hazards and eliminate gaps.
* Maintain records of inspections, findings and produce reports that identify areas for improvement.
* Keep up to date with HSE and DOT regulatory requirements.
* Investigate incidents. Utilize 5-Why RCA process and produce Corrective Actions
* Intervene in unsafe work and immediately take corrective action as required. Identify HSE non-conformance, coach and resolve or escalate as required.
* Perform duties as assigned by Management.
* 2 years of Health & Safety Experience
* 2 Years of Oilfield experience
* Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, ANSI, and OSHA regulations
* Safeland & H2S instructor certification (Preferred)
* Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish)
*Earth Systems is a drug-free workplace*.
Strict adherence to corporate health and safety practices is a requirement for any position offered at Earth Systems.
Earth Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
We have a Covid Plan of Action is in place.
* Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (H-1B visa status)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Keywords: Earth Systems, R&R, Midland , Health & Safety Coordinator, Healthcare , Midland, Texas
here to apply!