RN Float Pool - Stanton, TX - Float
Company: Martin County Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN Float Pool - Stanton, TXDescription
Martin County Hospital District (MCHD) was organized in 1967 and
has boundaries coterminous with Martin County, Texas. --It is
located in the heart of West Texas. Opened in 1949, the hospital
was originally located near downtown Stanton. This facility served
the community well for many years, but was replaced with a state of
the art 18 bed facility in 2012. --The new facility is located on
I20, and has been designated as a Critical Access Hospital.
----SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:Has principle responsibility for
the total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of each assigned patient. Plans, provides and documents
discharge planning, teaching, and educates patients, family and
others to attain optimal health and continuity of care. Assures
that the plan of care is carried out in a safe environment through
performance and supervision of subordinate personnel.GENERAL
- Utilizes the nursing process, completes a comprehensive
physical and psychosocial assessment of patients. Takes nursing
histories to provide a basis for development of patient care
- Uses nursing process, plans and provides patient and family
care. Evaluates patients' response to care provided and redirects
care as necessary.
- Implements and monitors appropriate nursing care to meet
patient's needs and identifies expected outcome for planned nursing
intervention and insures vital information is passed between
- Participates in the health care educational needs for the
client family, and others with regard to patient care needs,
disease prevention and health maintenance measures.
- Administers medications according to policy including IV's,
blood, and blood components as prescribed by physicians.
- Verifies medication administration accuracy and performs the
required checks on the medication administration record.
- Performs basic nursing skills competently to include but not
limited to: intake and output, vital signs, physical assessment,
urine testing, specimens/cultures, dressing changes, neurological
assessments, personal hygiene for patient, skin care, glucose
monitoring, airway/suctioning, basic oxygen administration,
nasogastric tubes, tube feedings, urinary catheterization, drains,
enemas, and intravenous catheterization.
- Maintains accurate and timely records according to hospital
policy and procedures.
- Provides service direct to patients while maintaining a
positive patient relations atmosphere.
- Interacts with patients, family members, and Medical Staff
members on a continuous basis.
- Follows aseptic procedures and precautions when involve din
direct patient contact or handling potentially infectious
- Maintains effective and cordial relationships with medical
staff, employees, patients, and visitors.
- Supports, assists and adheres to implementation of the
organization mission and vision.
- Maintains confidentiality while working with confidential
matters on a daily basis.
- Follows safety and infection control guidelines and policies
for the hospital.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Administration.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing theories and practices. Effective oral and
written communications skills.
- Current Registered Nurse license certified by the State of
Texas required. PALS, TNCC and ACLS preferred.
- One (1) year experience as a Professional Registered Nurse in a
hospital environment preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.PLANNING/ORGANIZATION:
- Consistently operates department within hospital policy and
- Organizes time and sets priorities to accomplish workload.
- Completes reports and records as required and/or requested by
- Maintains an organized and clean work area to ensure general
- Participates in educational experiences designed to maintain
- Annually completes all required in-service and training:
- Infection Control
- Safety - Electrical, Fire, Back
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Workplace Violence Guidelines
- Emergency Evacuation
- Hazardous Communications
- Shock Advisory
- HIPPAPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires sitting, standing and some bending, stooping, lifting,
and turning patients with or without assistance.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity (with correction) to read
equipment controls, computer terminals printed materials, and
- Must have hearing acuity to hear spoken communications from the
general public or co-workers as well as through stethoscope;
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing in
- Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of
forceconstantly to move objects.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Working environment is generally favorable;
- There is exposure to risk in the form of disease, radiation,
and disoriented or combative patients.
- High potential for exposure to blood and body fluids;
- Personal protective equipment required for at-risk
- May be requested to be on standby and work extended shifts in
situations, which Administration considers an emergency.----Mission
StatementCommitted to excellence, Martin County Hospital District
will provide the highest quality, compassionate care to improve the
lives of those we serve.Vision StatementMartin County Hospital
District strives to ensure the availability and viability of
patient-centered primary and specialty care in a rural
setting.--Martin County Hospital District is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to diversity, strong morals, values, and
ethics. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.--
Keywords: Martin County Hospital, Midland , RN Float Pool - Stanton, TX - Float, Healthcare , Stanton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!