Company: Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham - Odessa, TX
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARYSupervises staff of housekeepers while
engaging in cleaning and maintaining the interior of the building
and individual guest rooms, by performing the essential duties of
the position as discussed below.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bi-lingual
candidate is preferred. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- While reporting to the General Manager, supervise staff of
housekeepers by setting schedules, training, coaching, monitoring
and ensuring quality work at all times. This position will
supervise and work as a housekeeper for the hotel.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and making termination decisions
with the General Manager.
- Responsible for sorting, counting, folding, marking and
- Ability to strip the bed and make the beds according to
MainStay Suites standards
- Responsible for replacing and replenishing suite amenities and
supplies such as towels, tissue, bathroom supplies, and writing
- May be responsible for adjusting or moving furniture in the
suite and main hotel area and removing and hanging the window
- Responsible for cleaning the lobby area, rest rooms, corridors,
elevator and stairways; this may include cleaning the rugs,
carpets, upholstered furniture, and drapes
- Responsible for dusting the furniture, woodwork, pictures, and
washing walls, ceilings, windows, door panels, sills, and
- Responsible for emptying the wastebaskets and emptying and
cleaning the ashtrays
- Ability to push and pull the laundry cart and suite attendant
- Ability to adjust the mattress and other furniture items
- Ability to wash and fold laundry which will involve using
laundry cleaning chemicals
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all
guests and coworkers while working in a team environment EDUCATION
and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma or general education degree
(GED) is preferred.MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Keywords: Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham - Odessa, TX, Midland , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!