Assist St Mgr, Petsense
Company: Petsense LLC
Posted on: September 22, 2022
OverviewThis position is responsible for proficiency in all
areas of a retail operation. - The position serves as the second in
charge of operations to the Store Manager. - Duties include
providing leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a
positive customer shopping experience and performing operational
activities throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to
the store Team Members. - This position is also responsible for
promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members
on the appropriate application of policies and
procedures.ResponsibilitiesIt is essential that you be available,
flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to
fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business
- Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by
following and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (TEAM):
- Thank the Customer
- Engage with the customer and/or pet
- Advise products or services
- Make it Memorable
- This position is required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every person in this position be able to
perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and
safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving
sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and
delegating of daily tasks.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling,
hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and
development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Execute assigned basic, promotional, and seasonal merchandising
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to bank.
- Assess store conditions and assign duties.
- Organize and prioritize workflow through the use of the daily
- Recovery of merchandise.
- Participate in mandatory freight process.
- Perform regular and promotional price change activities.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has
a positive experience.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm
calls as needed.
- Communicate with Team Members on job functions,
responsibilities and financial goals.
- Operate cash register/computer supervising cash handling
- Assist Team Members on appropriate application of policies and
- Ensure the safety and well-being of live animals. Sanitize and
maintain holding tanks and care for live animals as required
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
- May be required to perform other duties as
assigned.QualificationsExperience: -Previous retail leadership
experience is required. - Experience with pet/live animal knowledge
is strongly preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Must be at
least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license.
-Education: -A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but
not required. - Regardless of education level,Team members must be
able to read, write and count accurately. -Professional
Certifications: None. -Other knowledge, skills or abilities: -
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of
- Pet/Live Animal, pet food, pet product knowledge is strongly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Basic computer skills.Working conditions:
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. - Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours. - -
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and procedures.Physical and
Mental Requirements: - -This position is non-sedentary. - It is
essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability
to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely;
to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently,
safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level
of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental
ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 100
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to handle and be in contact with live animals.
- Ability to successfully complete all training and
certifications to care for live animals.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs -This
job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for
the above referenced position. - It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. - A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.Company
OverviewPetsense is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tractor Supply
Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), is a small-box pet specialty retailer
focused on meeting the needs of pet owners, primarily in small and
mid-size communities. Founded in 2005, Petsense specializes in
providing a large assortment of pet food, supplies and services,
such as grooming and training, and offering customers a tailored
experience while providing the top-quality products they need at a
price they love. Petsense is proud to carry brands such as Fromm,
Orijen, Acana, Pro Plan, Science Diet, Victor, 4health, and Royal
Canin. -Petsense is also committed to promoting responsible pet
ownership through pet adoptions, community involvement and
education. For -more information on Petsense, visit
-www.Petsense.com. -Petsense -offers a competitive Benefits
package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all
Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are
deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition,
TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings
Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase
Keywords: Petsense LLC, Midland , Assist St Mgr, Petsense, Hospitality & Tourism , Carlsbad, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!