Distribution Delivery Driver
Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Posted on: January 12, 2019
THE STARTING PAY FOR THIS POSITION IS $20.00 PER HOUR.
PAY MAY BE HIGHER DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.
- Drives company vehicle to deliver lumber, building materials, hardware and other building and maintenance supplies to customer's home, construction site or placeof business.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws.
- Collects payment from customers on COD orders and records customer information according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Verifies order details and obtains customer signature on store copy of delivery ticket.
- Follows directions or uses a map to locate delivery addresses or locations efficiently.
- Records all pertinent delivery information as needed for accurate tracking.
- Collects and organizes required paperwork for delivery and transfer activity.
- Treats all customers and their agents with courtesy and respect. Acts as a customer service liaison between the site customer and the facility personnel.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Collects or picks up empty containers, rejected or unsold merchandise from delivery sites as directed.
- Loads vehicle safely and accurately.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles.
- Performs routine safety check on vehicles according to company guidelines.
- Assists in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials.
- Assist customers in the yard with loading material and product questions when not driving a delivery truck.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Complies with all company safety standards
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company.
- Must successfully complete all Company training and certification requirements regarding equipment usage, including obtaining McCoy s forklift certification.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway signs andsignals and to respond to official inquiries.
- Can by reason of training, experience or both, safely operate the type of commercial motor vehicle he/she drives.
- Is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with FMCSR requirements.
- Has prepared and furnished the motor carrier that employs him/her with a list of violations or the certificate as required.
- Is not disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle under FMCSR rules.
- Has successfully completed a driver's road test or has presented a copy of his/her commercial driver's license to the motorcarrier.
- Must have current and appropriate operators license for the equipment being operated or towed, or the manner in which the equipmentis used according to the following chart: Driver Designation
Associated topics: deliv retail driving, delivering groceries, delivery associate driver, instacart, instacart shopper, lugg driver, luxe, lyft, socio conductor de uber, swift driver
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, Midland , Distribution Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!