Sr Assistant Store Manager
Company: Northern Tool + Equipment
Posted on: July 13, 2019
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage assigned personnel in a manner which ensures that all
retail sales and related activities are performed in a
professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner. This
direction should promote the goals and objectives of the company
and put an emphasis on an increase in sales and profits.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Participates with Store Manager in establishing meaningful
goals and policy guidelines pertaining to retail sales operations
and helps develop effective plans and programs to achieve sales
goals and objectives.
- Supervises and coordinates assigned retail sales functions and
personnel under the general guidance of the Store Manager. For
assigned personnel, responsibilities include interviewing,
selecting qualified employees, and ensuring employee adequate
coverage/scheduling, fielding questions on product and procedures,
and providing work direction. Follows established performance
management processes including conducting employee performance
reviews and issuing disciplinary actions.
- Acts as Store Manager and Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned or
needed including being responsible for opening and closing the
store premises according to established policies and procedures.
Effectively handles customer concerns and escalated questions
within the guidelines established by the Company.
- Keeps personnel informed of new products, local advertising,
price changes and other significant information pertaining to sales
activities. Ensures Sales Representatives receive adequate training
on new products to explain and demonstrate such products in an
effective manner. Ensures that Sales Representatives and Cashiers
adhere to all non-negotiable selling standards, and actively
participate in Company, regional, and store sales promotions and
contests. Delivers Free Store Delivery (FSD) program to Company
goals and standards.
- Keeps actively aware of all Company sponsored promotions and
seeks to maximize alternate sources of revenue including but not
limited to ensuring Service Protection Plan (SPP) sales, approved
credit card applications, parts, billing of technical hours,
warranty claims, add on sales, and commercial business growth meet
or exceed Company established goals.
- Balances all money received according to established procedures
and Store Operating Platforms (SOPs). Works with Store Manager to
investigate discrepancies and take corrective action when
necessary. Ensures that inventory at store is properly managed to
meet Company inventory standards, as measured by regular cycle
counts, internal audits and physical inventories.
- Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory and protect
the store against shoplifting and internal theft. Ensures that the
Company's assets are adequately protected against theft or other
suspicious activity by complying with all Company Loss Prevention
(LP) policies including securing store keys, maintaining
confidential alarm codes and ensuring alarm is enabled during
- Supports any required changes made in the store showroom by
making sure all displayed merchandise is properly priced and
signed, stock is rearranged to promote sales, new product is
effectively displayed and the showroom is consistently maintained
to ensure a neat and orderly sales environment, including all
demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas as per
Company merchandising standards.
- Prices or assists in the pricing under the guidance of the
store manager of discontinued and surplus items and coordinates the
sale of such merchandise.
- Recommends new products and coordinates such recommendations
with the Store Manager and the Merchandising Department. Provides
input for Retail Operations and Merchandising meetings as needed.
Notifies Merchandising of recurrent stock-out situations or
abnormal sales trends.
- Participates in all non-commissioned events deemed necessary by
the Company such as sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• High school education or equivalent. 2 years college or related
technical training preferred.
• At least 3 years related retail sales experience.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to lead, guide, and mentor store employees.
• Strong customer service, sales, decision, and problem solving
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and
• Ability to operate and use a Personal Computer (PC) with working
knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Outlook, and
• Desire to actively manage own individual development by taking
training opportunities in order to grow within role and to be
considered for Store Manager openings as they become available.
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of the company's intranet
including related Store Operating Platforms (SOPs).
• High mechanical aptitude including having knowledge of light
industrial products, hydraulics, etc preferred.
• Ability to travel to other locations, including out of state
travel when needed or directed.
• Ability to work a schedule that maintains effective store
• Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and
• Required to be part of 24-hour security company call list in
order to respond to off hour alarm issues.
• Willingness to relocate preferred.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of: 1-10 Non-Exempt Employees
Indirect supervision of: 5-15 Non-Exempt Employees
Keywords: Northern Tool + Equipment, Midland , Sr Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!