Human Resources Representative
Company: Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
Posted on: October 11, 2019
The Human Resources Representative is accountable for assuring the
consistent administration of all Corporate personnel policies,
procedures and programs relative to facility and employees. Great
opportunity for associate who is looking to grow within Human
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures that human resources needs are met in a timely manner. Is
responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and
accessibility to all employees.
* Recruits for exempt and non-exempt positions, primarily in the
Midland and Garden City offices, and as necessary in other
* Onboards new hires and helps assimilate new employees into the
* Advise management of risks associated with current business
practices and recommends improvements by providing expertise to
management in local, state and federal employment laws.
* Provides guidance and counsel to managers on employee related
matters, such as assistance in documenting development plans, etc.
Plans issues to assist in writing letters, developmental plans,
etc. Plan and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive
outlook in achieving company goals.
* Promptly reports any compliance related concerns to the HR
Leadership. Works through and develops appropriate solutions.
* Maintains communication with departments on all human resources
matters pertaining to related issues.
* Trains employees in various areas including but not limited to
interviewing, hiring, terminating, promoting, performance review,
safety, and workplace harassment.
* Partners with various members of Safety, Production, Midstream,
and L&D to document or video Laredo standard operating
procedures and training programs.
* Partners with members of L&D for creation and maintenance of
Laredo course curriculum.
* Presents training lectures and system demonstrations to meet the
needs of the learners.
* Performs other duties as required. Duties may include assignments
in job classifications other than the primary assignment. Backs up
teammates in the HR organization as necessary.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or other appropriate discipline
from and accredited four-year college or university. A combination
of education, experience and training may be substituted for these
* A minimum of 1 year of human resources or related experience.
* Understanding of employment law.
* Oil and Gas or related industry experience preferred.
* Experience presenting to large groups and/or facilitating
* Must be able to lead teams of people and work efficiently and
effectively in a team environment.
* Strong project management skills; work must be completed on time
* Effective oral and written communicator.
* Assist management in the development and implementation of
facility-specific policies and procedures.
* Perform full employee life cycle processes and practices.
* Weekly travel to other sites is required.
* Computer literacy (including intermediate or advanced command of
Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Knowledgeable in Ultipro, Bridge, Instructure, and Articulate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Laredo Petroleum, Inc., Midland , Human Resources Representative, Human Resources , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!