Field Service Technician
Company: LUFKIN INDUSTRIES
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Field Service Technician will participate in the daily
operation and repair of Oilfield Pumping Unit equipment. They will
perform assignments as directed by the crew chief and field
managers, plus other assignments as required. They will work
effectively with other work groups: Safety, Sales, Maintenance,
other personnel and Management.
In the role of Field Service Technician (3 positions available),
- Under the direction of a Field Manager, perform a number of
tasks associated with the operation, rig-up / down of equipment &
tools and related equipment in the shop, yard, or location
(equipment used will vary by product line)
- Perform duties which may involve some technical elements but
primarily focused on installation, inspection, and repairing of
Oilfield Pumping Units
- Play a role in hands-on and directly manipulate equipment,
machinery or systems requiring precise instrumentation /
- Be trained in operating more than one type of equipment or
combinations of equipment / processes (level is determined by
competency development program)
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment
locations -locations with limited access to medical care, which may
require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level
- High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Work at heights
- Carry various pieces of the pumping unit of substantial
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching,
bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day,
primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Be subjected to extreme heat and cold for extended periods of
time Desired Characteristics
- Experience in field service repair or oil field repair
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience and certification in bucket truck operation
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 65'
- Experience logging DOT hours using ELD systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Lufkin Industries will only employ those who are legally authorized
to work in the United States for this opening. There are two
available positions for this opening.
Successful candidates will be eligible for up to a $750 sign-on
bonus. Apply now to learn more.
Lufkin's proud past extends back to the early 20th century when the
Lufkin Foundry manufactured railroad and sawmill equipment. The
company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in
the 1920s. Today, Lufkin is a world leader in its field, providing
precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to
customers around the globe.
Lufkin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: LUFKIN INDUSTRIES, Midland , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!