Field Service Technician-Emissions
Posted on: May 12, 2022
ChampionX has an immediate need for a -Field Service Technician
-located in -Odessa, TX -to support our emission solutions product
line. We specialize in atmospheric measurements and emissions
quantifications of methane, CO2, and other trace gases, with
applications for air quality, climate, leak detection and repair
(LDAR), and atmospheric research. Our services and expertise
provide our clients and collaborators with advanced capabilities to
better understand our impacts on the atmosphere, and the sound data
needed to make informed decisions. This is your opportunity to join
a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits!
What's in it For You:
- You will join a growing company offering competitive pay and
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and technology
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and
personal protection What You Will Do:
- Works under general supervision to perform SOOFIE equipment
support, installation, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Inspect completed work to check that install activities have
been completed correctly and in accordance with install work
instructions Minimum Qualifications: (required)
- 1-3 years of experience
- Can perform moderately complex pulls and installs
- Strong customer relations skills including the ability to
explain and train
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety
- Basic knowledge of proper use of hand tools
- Basic knowledge of wiring and cabling
- Ability to execute strategies and initiatives
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow prescribed company policies, procedures, and
protocols for installation, service and equipment maintenance
- Interact politely and professionally with customers and/or
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Follow all safety policies and company-wide safety
requirements; encourage action assuring safe behavior; confront
unsafe behavior and conditions proactively and positively
- Work in excess of 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week, as
required to meet business needs
- Work in an unsupervised environment
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Use a computer to communicate, create, and access data
- Determine the priorities, goals, and objectives of work
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this position PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND JOB CONDITIONS
- Role is deemed safety-sensitive and may be subject to employer
or customer drug testing.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. General Physical Requirements Medium work: -
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. Physical Activities
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps,
poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Body agility is emphasized.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking,
standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag,
haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position to position.
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with
fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. -
Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important
spoken instructions to customer or other workers accurately,
loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with
or without correction. - Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
- Substantial movement (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or
fingers to use a computer. Visual Acuity
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: visual inspection involving small defects,
small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection),
using measurement devices, and/or assembly or fabrication of parts
at distances close to the eyes.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the
accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make
general observations of facilities or structures. Working
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. - Activities occur
indoors and outdoors.
- Extreme heat. -Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of
more than one hour. - Consideration should be given to the effect
of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Hazards. - Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as
proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical
current or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions. - One or more of the following
conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: - fumes,
odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Oils. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other
cutting fluids. About ChampionXChampionX is a global leader in
providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology,
artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the
upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety
culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment
to deliver sustainable operations. About Emissions Management at
ChampionX:ChampionX is helping support a lower-carbon future by
providing the technology and expertise to solve emissions
monitoring challenges for our customers. With our leading methane
detection technology, we offer the oil and gas industry fast,
accurate, and costeffective solutions for leak detection, emissions
quantification, and air quality research help our customers meet
their sustainability commitments and goals. Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion -At -ChampionX, we believe the best teams
are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a
workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We
are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and
applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide
opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual
qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting
employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and
opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
-In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA).
Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. - -We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. -
Keywords: ChampionX, Midland , Field Service Technician-Emissions, IT / Software / Systems , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!