Technician- Telecom (Hobbs
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Field Telecommunications tech needed to support Pipeline
Operations, Terminals and associated company assets.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance and installation of
telecommunications equipment in Hobbs, NM., and various
telecommunication sites in the area and or district.
- Telecomm equipment includes and may not be limited to:
Microwave Radios, Industrial Wireless Systems, SCADA Communication
Systems, VSAT, CDMA, Phone Systems, Digital Multiplexer, Office
Networks (LAN/WAN), VHF Radio Systems, and associated
- Apply problem solving skills and break down complex problems to
isolate outages and restore services.
- Work within a ticketing system to document the resolution of
telecomm outages, installations and repairs.
- Regularly and directly interface with a wide variety of people
with tact, courtesy and professionalism, including but not limited
to other employees, management, vendors, and customers.
- Schedule each work day for optimum efficiency for the greatest
benefit to Kinder Morgan, and work with limited supervision.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be
available to respond during working hours and non-working
- Callout and unscheduled overtime is required, and
- May be required to work non-traditional hours.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of
company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of
- Write effectively, and understand verbal and written
communications, including but not limited to email.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high
level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
- Travel is required, and a company vehicle is assigned for this
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology.
- A minimum of four years experience actively working in
electronic technology or telecommunications may be accepted as a
- BS in Technology or Engineering a plus.Experience/specific
- In addition to the degree requirement (or acceptable degree
substitute), some level of direct and active work experience in
telecommunications is needed (minimum of three years to be
considered for Level II Tech and higher).
- Solid training in electronics or a thorough understanding of
telecommunications through work experiences.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a
driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for
- A Transportation Worker Indentification Credential (TWIC) may
be required for this position. Applicant must be able to obtain or
retain a TWIC to perform the job functions.Competencies, skills,
- Strong diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the
ability to identify and resolve various levels of
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (including but not
limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio) for the purpose of word
processing, spreadsheet applications, and information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including
attention to detail in documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to effectively
communicate and work with all levels of management and employees in
the corporate office and the field as well as external
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s),
focus attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to
established work schedules.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with
ability to identify and resolve simple to complex
telecommunications problems, including the ability to think quickly
and provide support for emergency operations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, maintain
confidentiality as necessary, and work effectively with minimal
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short,
deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced
- Possess and consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with
the ability to handle negative or conflicting situations in a
logical and professional manner.
- Must be adaptable to organizational change.
- Ability to identify expectations in an employee/employer
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to perform the
required and expected duties with little or no direct
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill level.Physical
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 40 pounds, waist
high, on a regular
- Job Location - This position will be based in Hobbs, NM.
- Callout and unscheduled overtime is required and
- Travel is required and anticipated; a company vehicle is
assigned for this job.Preferred education, experience,
certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in
- Good understanding of digital microwave communications, digital
multiplexers, terminal servers, LAN and WAN Networks, Routers and
Data Acquisition Systems a plus.
- Cisco CCNA, Cisco IPTelephony, Nortel certifications, NABER
two-way radio certification, NICET certification, FCC license a
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. This position may perform other duties as
Dedicated to providing security to our employees, Kinder Morgan
offers a comprehensive benefit program that includes, medical,
dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k), a retirement contribution
(pension plan) and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Midland , Technician- Telecom (Hobbs, IT / Software / Systems , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!