MCBU - Chemical Management Computer Scientist/Analyst
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with
approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the
world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas;
refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products;
manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and
develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of MCBU -
Chemical Management Computer Scientist/Analyst located in Midland,
TX Texas / United States through July 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
(Eastern Standard Time).
This individual will support MCBU Production Services (Asset
Integrity, Chemical Management Team) performing daily evaluation of
unconventional production flow stream data such as rates, chemical
program data, cost, budgeting, forecasting, analytics, etc. Perform
daily analysis of chemical and corrosion control applications
in-conjunction with production rates, targets and failure trends.
Perform analysis of Chemical Data Management Software trending and
Predictive Data Analytics program outputs to provide real-time
production and chemical management recommendations to the Chemical
Team. Provide detailed trend analysis on supplier provided data
against internally acquired data. Ability to analyze a large
quantity of data from various software platforms and applications
to identify emerging trends. This position requires practical,
hands on experience in Software Lifecycle such as (design, develop,
testing, release, maintain and support), data engineering/data
management practices and tools, strong technical background in one
or more development platforms (Microsoft, Linux/Unix, Cloud,
Mobile). The successful candidate is result oriented and able to
form strong partnerships with Operations, ITC and supplier project
teams. Additionally, this individual will work with the Chemical
Management Team and MCBU IT groups to establish, process workflows,
standard reporting mechanisms (dashboards, etc.) and support the
implementation of initiatives such as Mobility, Chemical Management
Toolkit, Flow Assurance Applications, etc.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited
Perform daily evaluation of production and chemical data, trends
and predictive analytics.
• Provide daily recommendations to the Chemical Management
• Create and provide Chemical Management reporting including
dashboards, scorecards and trend analysis.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Chemical
Management reporting and recommendation workflows.
• Participate in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC) supporting Chemical Management.
• Act as the conduit between the Chemical Management Team,
suppliers and the various IT groups developing and supporting
• Participate in the design and development of data engineering,
data integration and data management practices and tools.
• Participate in (and likely project manage) Chemical Management
related Lean Sigma initiatives.
• Facilitate meetings (morning, operations, technical teams, etc.)
to drive results and action related to emerging trends and data
- Data quality and acquisition from multiple platforms for
assimilation into the Chemical Management Team goals.
- Data quality assurance, population in Assetwise
- Assetwise and chemical data SME.
- Perform data analytics and predictive data analytics with
available data from all related applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- 4 years of relative experience developing applications and
using predictive analystics in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrate strong command of computer software applications
- IT or equivalent experience in understanding of software
development and solution architecture in a complex business
- Ability to work with multiple and cross functional teams and
influence/drive to deliver results.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications
- Self-starter and ability to achieve goals while working with
- Ability to maintain project logs and lists while working items
to complete resolution.
- Ability to complete high quality work on schedule.
- M.S. in Computer Science.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in proprietary software
- Upstream production chemical application experience
- Lean Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- IT operational support experience
- Knowledge of SAP data acquisition
Meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Analytical - Proven ability to manage data from multiple field
sources, analyze performance trends, develop & manage performance
metrics, build dashboards & scorecards, facilitate meetings,
communication of results, build visualizations, etc.
2. Tools, Software and Process Skills - Knowledge of common
upstream systems of record, including underlying database
technologies, structures, and implementation (SAP, EAM-CMMS,
Assetwise-IDMS, Energy Components, Wellview, CURe, LOWIS, Spotfire,
MDR, PI, Catalyst, etc.). Strong understanding of data foundation
technologies and an understanding of Upstream workflows, Lean
Sigma, and Well Reliability & Optimization. Experience working with
software development teams in support of Chevron upstream
applications is strongly preferred.
3. Problem Solving - Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving as
well as the ability to handle urgent and multiple competing
priorities. Acts with sense of urgency. Consistently delivers high
quality deliverables and has a strong customer facing approach
including demonstrated ability to work with functional experts to
develop complex visualizations, models and/or integration patterns.
Lean Sigma Green Belt (or equivalent) certification is a plus.
4. Teamwork - Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams,
respecting other opinions, valuing diversity, building consensus
and assisting others to accomplish team goals and objectives. Able
to foster collaboration and teamwork between individuals or groups
across organizational and geographic boundaries gaining commitment
and following through to results. Resolves business partner issues
and escalates issues when necessary. Seeks to understand, educate
and build collaborative relationships with business partners.
Relocationmay be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or
consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical
disability (including medical condition), military or veteran
status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic
information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or
an accommodation, please email us at .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required
Keywords: Chevron, Midland , MCBU - Chemical Management Computer Scientist/Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!