Superintendent, Roadway (Heavy Civil)
Company: Texas Sterling Construction Co.
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Overview Directs all site construction activities, and
supervises roadway, bridge and structures personnel as required to
successfully complete construction on schedule and within budget.
This includes maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality,
supervising all trade and field personnel. The superintendent will
supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in
construction, installation, and repair of wooden structures and
fixtures projects ranging in cost from five million dollars to 30
million by performing the following duties personally or through
subordinate supervisors. May be designated to work away from home
for extended periods according to project's needs.
Essential Responsibilities and Abilities The Superintendent
responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the
- Read, understand, interpret, and enforce safety policies and
- Read and understand plans, specifications and local building
- Schedules and documents all required inspections, quality
testing, or other compliance requirements.
- Comply with and document environmental permits and
- Completes daily reports such as units complete, safety reports,
EEO meetings and weekly unit cost worksheets.
- Read and understand global project schedules and generate
two-week construction schedules weekly.
- Schedule and order materials, inspections and manpower in order
to meet project schedules and specifications.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms
to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged
in planning and executing work, interpreting specifications, and
coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Maintain a general knowledge of equipment used on the job
including basic understanding of equipment limits and designed
- Track delivery, use and completion of owned and rented
equipment on the job.
- Complete regular (at least annually) performance reviews for
employees under his/her direction in a complete and timely manner.
Ensures the employee understands the review, signs the review form
and is provided a copy for his/her records.
- Confers with personnel to resolve complaints and grievances
within work force.
- Complete 10 hours per year of continued education relating to
- Attend monthly Superintendent meetings and participate
- Performs other duties as directed.
- A minimum of 10 years of roadway superintendent or Foreperson
work experience leading heavy equipment & bridge crews (e.g.
grader, trackhoe, backhoe, loader, crane, bridge crews etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience and understanding of
all phases of roadway / highway construction.
- A minimum of 10 years of reading blueprint and specs for
roadway earth work projects.
- Education - four or more years related experience and / or
training; or a bachelor degree from a four-year college or
university; or equivalent combination of education and
- Be proficient and able to perform all essential duties and
responsibilities of an Equipment Operator level III, specifically
in grading and sub grading.
Keywords: Texas Sterling Construction Co., Midland , Superintendent, Roadway (Heavy Civil), Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!