Sr Specialist - Environmental
Company: Energy Transfer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Coordinate and provide technical support to Field Operations
teams, engineering, regulatory and construction personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage regional program to ensure operations compliance with
applicable environmental regulations, permits, authorizations and
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmental reports
to various environmental agencies.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmentally
related permit applications.
- Represent Company in verbal and written interaction with
federal, state and local environmental agencies as well as in
industry meetings and public hearings.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of current federal, state and
local environmental laws and regulations that impact natural gas
- Interpret regulations and provide training to company personnel
to ensure compliance with all the above requirements.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of operating and
- Develop environmental scopes of work, manage records, train and
conduct audits of operations and construction activities.
- Write and review environmental procedures.
- Review, comment and communicate new environmental legislation
- Required to safely operate a company vehicle.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
for this position are listed below:
- HS diploma. Bachelor Degree, Master's Degree preferred in
Applied Science, Engineering, or other equivalent education
- Minimum of eight years of progressive experience in
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Environmental and Regulatory permitting with
local, state and federal government agencies for gas and liquid
pipeline facilities. Exceptional administrative skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs
timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word,
Excel, Project PowerPoint, as well as Adobe, Google Earth and/or
- Valid driver's license.Interpersonal skills - high degree of
interaction with a
- variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors
and internal personnel (engineering, operations, management),
team-oriented and self-directed. Has the ability to be proactive
rather than reactive.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which
may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as
extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require
appropriate personal protective equipment.
Keywords: Energy Transfer, Midland , Sr Specialist - Environmental, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!