Public Safety Tech
Company: City of Midland, TX
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Scope of Work
Work with Police and Fire Personnel, City IT Staff, and vendors
when necessary to ensure timely diagnosis, resolution, and
follow-up of a wide variety of problems involving public safety
specific applications and associated hardware and network
The items below are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by an individual assigned to this position.
These are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified in this position. The position description is subject to
change by the City as the needs of the City and requirements of the
Essential Job Duties
- Performs hardware/software diagnostics in order to resolve
- Requires technical expertise and experience to maintain a
24-hour continuous 9-1-1 emergency and public safety communications
system including operation and maintenance of computer
- Determines optimum installation and configurations for public
safety specific applications and hardware.
- Develops workstation documentations, including inventory, of
all installed hardware and software
- Installs and maintains any devices purchased through
- Maintains on-going contact with users regarding their problems
and issues until resolved
- Ensures that all systems, equipment, and machines used over the
day are properly maintained.
- Work outside of normal office hours and respond to after hour
critical support calls, including responding during an activation
of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to sit, stand, and transport self from building to
- Ability to kneel, crawl, climb, and twist for purposes of
installing and maintaining equipment
- Ability to lift PC's and related equipment.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to be helpful and provide quality customer service
- Positively interact with other persons at all times
- Good working knowledge of PC operating systems and PC
- Knowledge of computer concepts and methodologies
- Ability to read and interpret technical materials
- Self-motivation and good problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Good oral and written communication skills
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certification: Some
experience in computer support is preferred. Must obtain the
CompTIA A+ Certification within one year of hire. Must maintain a
valid driver's license.
Keywords: City of Midland, TX, Midland , Public Safety Tech, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!