Hotel Maintenance Technician
Company: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store
Posted on: May 3, 2021
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Maintenance
Technicians maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and
customer service at all times; maintaining cleanliness,
functionality, and safety of guest rooms, common areas, and the
remainder of the facilities.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance Technicians will
perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep
the hotel in compliance. The candidate will work easily in a
fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic
attitude to make a difference in everything they do.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist
- Maintains the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by
ensuring all furniture, appliances and electrical equipment such as
televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working
- Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards.
- Repairs or replaces all HVAC systems such as individual air
conditioning units as needed.
- Cleans and maintains the hotel’s exterior spaces such as the
parking lot, swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture,
fixtures and other items in the hotel
- Supervise the preventative maintenance program
- Report major repair needs to the General Manager
- Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a
timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent years of relevant work
- 1 or more years of Maintenance/Grounds experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of
employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check
report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register;
Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time
management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of
urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling,
stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a
hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and
interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the
employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions,
dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will
be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected
for this position.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: From the founding of
Love’s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent
customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both
within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this
culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in
experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and
physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a
professional working environment where ALL people feel respected.
By doing these things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a
spirit of innovation.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Loves Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading
travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years,
weve provided customers with highway hospitality and Clean Places,
Friendly Faces. Were passionate about serving drivers with clean,
modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer
meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers
and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Loves
Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industrys safest trucking
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Keywords: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store, Midland , Hotel Maintenance Technician, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!