Posted on: May 3, 2021
Full Job Description
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide highly-skilled electrical estimating services to
oilfield operations, refineries, agricultural businesses and
industrial electrical contracting.
- Self-supervising and assume direct accountability for their
work product and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive Knowledgeand theAbilityto:
- Estimate electrical projects in an oilfield and industrial
- Review incoming bid packages for dollar value, complexity,
length of time to estimate and chances of bid award to CEC.
Recommend to CEC Management if the bid is viable to pursue.
- Assign approved bid packages to an estimator with defined goals
and deadlines to complete the bid by the customers deadline.
- Coordinate the Bid Summary Review with the assigned Estimator,
Project Manager, Vice President and Electrical Estimating Manager
to ensure all items/requirements are captured in the bid
- Track and ensure estimators complete all requirements in the
bid package and meet assigned deadlines.
- Review estimators takeoff, pricing/labor units, schedule and
required bid documentation to identify issues and ensure the issues
- Prioritize and reassign estimators as needed to meet all bid
- Maintain and update the weekly bid schedule. Track, modify and
make adjustments as necessary to meet CEC Management
- Calculate materials prices, labor costs, and equipment
- Assist Project Managers to ensure assigned projects meet or
exceed budget, project deadlines and goals.
- Review and recommend best options based on cost and
- Consult with clients, vendors, and subcontractors for
estimating, scheduling, and resolving issues.
- Develop and review written proposals for clients. Ensure all
proposal letters have the required proper bid deliverables attached
(schedule, resumes, organization structure).
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services,
tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project
o Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and
o Hire, train and mentor estimating staff.
o Ensure all bidding software and databases are maintained with
the required upgrades and versions.
o Assist in setting up cost monitoring and reporting systems and
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years electrical estimating experience, in which, 3
years estimating experience must be in an oilfield and industrial
- Computer literacy, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite
and various estimating software.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work
environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and efficient.
- Commitment to providing responsive customer service, even after
- Valid Class C drivers license.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Evolvinc, Midland , Estimator, Other , Monahans, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!