Company: Artesia General Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the delivery of care to patients utilizing the
nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention,
implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with
patient, significant others, and other health team members while
maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the
patient's care, as evidenced by client/staff observation.
- Teach patient/significant other appropriate health information
in a timely manner and share written informational material.
- Perform direct patient care, utilizing established procedures,
policies, and standards.
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern
and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and
communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new employees.
- Assist other staff in the performance of their
- Recognize the need for variations in staffing and volunteer to
fill open shifts.
- Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training)
that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure
seamless patient care.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions
regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Basic computer.
- Knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its
application, including the assessment, planning, implementation,
and evaluation of nursing care.
AGE-RELATED COMPETENCIES: Demonstrates the basic knowledge and
skills necessary to identify age-specific patient needs appropriate
for this position.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within
the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and
Risk Management/Quality Management/Safety: Cooperates fully in
all Risk Management, Quality Management, and Safety Activities and
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education - Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing -
Associate Degree or Diploma required.
- Work Experience - One year relevant experience, graduates
accepted based upon position availability.
- Training - N/A
- License/Certification - Current New Mexico License and BLS
required. ACLS, PALS preferred.
ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work environment consists of daily
patient contact, which may include exposure to blood, or other body
Keywords: Artesia General Hospital, Midland , RN-Med/Surg-PT, Other , Artesia, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!