Pumper (Salt Water Disposal - SWD)
Company: NGL Energy Partners LP
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Pumper (Salt Water Disposal - SWD)
NGL Water Solutions Corp: Carlsbad, NM
Full Position Title
Manager, Field Operations
The Pumper is responsible for monitoring, assessing, and
communicating the daily operations of Water Solutions facilities
and pipelines. This position travels to multiple salt water
disposals (SWD) to ensure optimal functionality of pumps and other
equipment, and to capture and report on relevent data. In addition,
the Pumper troubleshoots and makes minor repairs.
Overall, the Pumper is a key owner in ensuring fully operational
SWDs, pipelines, and equipment and minimal downtown.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and communicates with the Manager of Field Operations
daily, via electronic mail and verbal reporting, on system
conditions, high priority system operations issues, and other
- Proactively assesses and relays replacement parts and equipment
necessary for facilities, to minimize down time in the case of
emergency repairs or required maintenance.
Identifies and promptly communicates issues which require
escalation, or could cause interruption to facility operations.
- Generates daily reports for each facility, tracking incoming
and outgoing volumes and oil sales.
- Works continuously to maximize oil recovery and subsequent
- Audits facilities and troubleshoots issues as needed, keeping
facilities safe, efficient, and fully operational.
- Evaluates and logs process conditions and components.
- Coordinates with Operations team for maintenance of injection
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends modifications to address
- Records well PSIs daily.
- Cleans/replaces bag filters daily or as needed.
- Makes rounds to multiple facilities daily, ensuring proper
operations of truck offloads and disposal equipment.
- Coordinates and assists with field equipment repairs.
- Reports and leads cleanup and repairs of leaks or spills.
- Complies with government agency rules, regulations, and
- Adheres to all Company and Water Solutions policies.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to working safely at all
- Complies with OSHA requirements, and follows all customer and
NGL Water Solutions safety policies and procedures at all
Reports and discusses safety concerns immediately with
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical presence at the job site is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Wide range of oilfield operations knowledge, including
pipelines, pumps, and salt water disposal facilities.
- Mechanical aptitude, with troubleshooting skills and the
ability to make minor repairs.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to compile,
assess, and synthesize data.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint) and ability to learn software and technical tools
- Efficiency and accuracy in data entry.
- Organizational skills.
- High initiative, with ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both
internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with
fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Maintain a valid driver's license, and meet qualifications to
drive Company vehicles.
- 4+ years of experience working in the oil and gas
- High school diploma or GED.
- Requires a valid driver's license and ability to meet and
maintain Company requirements for driving positions.
Frequent travel to assigned SWDs within an assigned region. Out
of town travel limited. Requires the ability to travel to a variety
of field locations, where environment may vary significantly,
within a geographic region.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes
or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold;
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and
small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne
- Regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
This position is required to be performed at the work site
during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work
site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the
incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the
essential functions of this position.
Keywords: NGL Energy Partners LP, Midland , Pumper (Salt Water Disposal - SWD), Other , Carlsbad, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!