Company: Midland Community Healthcare Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MIDLAND COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC.
JOB TITLE: FRONT OFFICE CLERK
REPORTS TO: CLINIC MANAGER
OES CODE: 43-6013.00 & 29-2071.00
FLSA EXEMPTIONS STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
The Dental Front Office Clerk is the first point of contact for
the patients of Midland Community Healthcare Services. They are
expected to provide excellent customer service while performing
tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, patient
registration, check in and out procedures, taking patient payments,
and assisting patients with their service needs. They also compile,
process, and maintain medical records of the clinic patients in a
manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and
regulatory requirements of the health care system.
- Answer, transfer, and initiate clinic business phone
- Take messages for clinical staff and send them through the
- Schedule, confirm, work-in, and change patients appointments
per proper administrative procedure.
- Greet and check patients in/out for their appointments while
printing, preparing, and obtaining the proper paperwork.
- Verify and input data in computer system including insurance
and patient demographics.
- Verify insurance or program information presented by patients
per proper procedure.
- Collect co-payments, deductibles, and past due balances, and
answer patients billing questions.
- Assist patients with financial agreements for past due
- Provide the Billing Department with supporting documentation
needed to continue the billing process.
- Encourage and assist patients in taking part in our patient
- Reconcile day sheets, charges, cash, checks, money orders, and
credit cards during end of day procedures.
- Prepare new patient packages/charts and maintain proper stock
of needed paperwork.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that
confidentiality is maintained in accordance with legal and
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with
- Retrieve patient dental records for appointments, medical
personnel, physician review, and audit review.
- Maintain records for ease of use and understanding
(clean/organize) before re-filing alphabetically.
- Maintain an orderly workstation and patient waiting areas.
- Maintain visitor sign-in log and security of clinic by
requesting all visitors sign-in and wear proper
- Prepare for the next day by requesting needed documentation and
making needed copies.
- Assist patients with information about the clinic, its
programs, and clinic processes, orders, and documentation needing
to be completed or picked-up.
- Send patient correspondence letters.
- Assist in end of month closing process.
- Enter and verify accuracy for all patient encounter charges,
and provider credited for services rendered.
- Participate in cross-training opportunities in order to help
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dental Office Manager
and/or Clinic Manager.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities are included in this
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Oral Comprehension, Expression, Recognition, and Clarity.
- Written Comprehension and Expression.
- Computer & Technology Skills - The ability to navigate and
utilize Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn to navigate and
utilize proprietary medical software packages.
- Time Management The ability to prioritize tasks in order to
best serve the patient and the flow of the clinic.
- Cultural Competency the ability to deal with people of various
cultures and social status, as well as outside entities
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience preferred .
- 1-3 years of medical office experience preferred .
- No felony results on a criminal background screening.
- Drug Screen Test with a negative result.
- Bilingual preferred .
BBP Class III : This position does not include any
exposure-prone duties. These employees will still receive basic
personal protective equipment training, basic bloodborne pathogen
standard training, and safety precautions. Employees in this class
are still to be offered vaccinations provided by Midland Community
Healthcare Services if wanted.
Physical Demand : Ability to interact with patients and operate
office equipment for patient services. Employees will need the
ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs, or more, independently as
necessary. Vision abilities are required to read and verify patient
information, to read information on medical records, and the read
information on computer systems. Ability to pull, push, lift, and
manipulate equipment and files. The ability to move freely about
the front office and medical record areas in order to perform the
job duties is required. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630 ,
reasonable accommodations will be made for those employees with
disabilities in order to assist them in performing the job duties
and demands, provided it does not constitute undue hardship upon
Keywords: Midland Community Healthcare Services, Midland , Front Office, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!