Sr. Administrative Assistant (Municipal Court)
Company: City of Odessa
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Municipal Court)
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021 at 11:59PM
Summary: Under basic supervision, performs a wide variety of
administrative, customer service, and technical support functions
of a highly responsible nature in relieving a Director of
technical, organizational, and administrative duties; performs
special assignments and resolves operational issues, using
knowledge of the operations and policies of City and assigned
Essential Functions: Essential duties and responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees Department's administrative workflow; organizes and
coordinates work to relieve the Director and staff of routine
administrative details; exercises initiative and independent
judgment in performing administrative duties; applies judgment to
resolving problems, analyzing data, and making decisions; tracks
operational and administrative issues, and assures the effective
communication of operational information.
- Performs administrative and technical support functions for
assigned department, requiring understanding of local government
operations, and City services; maintains information
confidentiality, and performs duties with discretion and within
scope of authority; duties may vary according to job assignment and
- Manages special projects and programmatic assignments,
requiring knowledge of operations, policies, and procedures of the
City and the assigned Department.
- Maintains and updates a variety of computer databases and
files; enters, edits, and retrieves data, and prepares reports;
reviews and processes invoices and requisitions.
- Processes a variety of administrative forms, maintains and
updates City records and information tracking systems; prepares
correspondence, reports, accounting records, and administrative
- Maintains personnel and payroll files; researches files and
computer databases; assures all administrative actions are in
compliance with City policy, procedures, and guidelines.
- Purchases and distributes supplies, and manages inventory;
works with vendors, verifies deliveries and services, and resolves
customer service and technical issues.
- Provides informed and confidential technical assistance to
customers and others having business with the City; assists
customers with requests, applications, and other documents;
retrieves and releases information according to City procedures;
explains City rules, policies, and procedures.
- Arranges and schedules appointments and meetings; assists with
the annual budget process.
- Screens visitors and phone callers; resolves issues and
complaints as appropriate.
- Supports the departmental operations with regular and timely
- Assists the Training Specialist with filing of training records
and typewritten materials.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Odessa and the
general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior
when interacting with visitors and City staff; maintains
confidentiality of work-related issues and City information;
performs other duties as required or assigned.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative
duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing
of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class;
employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below;
reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement and is
subject to change at any time by the employer.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Associate's Degree and experience with City of Odessa is
- Policies, rules, and regulations covering specific areas of
- City administration policies, including accounting, budgeting,
payroll, purchasing, and personnel rules.
- Operations, services, and activities performed by the assigned
- Methods, procedures, and standards for public sector
accounting, record keeping, file maintenance, and records
- Methods and techniques of researching and compiling data for
reports and presentations.
- Customer service principles, protocols, and methods.
- Business computers and standard MS Office software
- Understanding, and applying relevant rules, ordinances, codes,
regulations, administrative orders, and other governing
- Interpreting and explaining policies and procedures of assigned
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established
- Researching and compiling data for reports and technical
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Entering data with high levels of accuracy and
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
License and certification requirements: A valid Texas State
Driver's License is required. Specific technical training and
certification may be required for some incumbents.
Physical demands and working environment: Work is performed in a
standard office environment.
Keywords: City of Odessa, Midland , Sr. Administrative Assistant (Municipal Court), Other , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!