Full Time Director of Nursing at Lea County Correctional in Hobbs, NM
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: July 21, 2021
POSITION: Director of
FACILITY: Lea County Correctional
Wexford Health Sources,
Inc. is a
member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading
innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford
Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not
be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
- The Director of Nursing (DON) is
responsible for and accountability for structuring, comprehensive
planning and implementing the Nursing Services Program that guides
the delivery of a quality health care
- Participates and/or directs
planning, priority setting and the development of policies and
procedures for health care activities that are in compliance with
contractual requirements, client, and national
- Coordinate and monitor orientation,
in-services and continuing education within Nursing Services.
Responsible for coordinating and providing clinical orientation and
nursing in-service training.
- Coordinates the development,
provision and evaluation of patient care according to the standards
of quality care.
- Participates in and chairs the
Utilization Review Committee, Quality Assurance Committee and
Infection Control Committee; develops and implements procedures,
audits and nursing in-services.
- Receives and reviews daily
outpatient and infirmary reports. Submits all required
reports on a timely basis.
- Conducts regular meetings with
nursing staff and ensures the practice of nursing is consistent
with current standards.
- Acts as administrator on call for
nursing emergencies or nursing staff needs.
- Develops and maintains staff
schedule for Nursing Services in accordance with contract terms of
nursing coverage. Responsible for making changes in time schedules,
and granting special requests for time off, if
- Serves as representative for, and/or
liaison between, Nursing services and other health care providers,
as well as Health Services Administrator, and coordinates patient
care with other departments.
- Keeps abreast and follows through on
incidents occurring on all shifts.
- Reviews all discrepancies in sharps
and tool counts, investigates, reconciles and forwards written
findings to the Health Services Administrator.
- Review all mediation errors, and
forwards written findings to the Health Services
Wexford Health offers a competitive
benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual
merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that
combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance
through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision
- 401(k) retirement saving
- Company-paid short-term
- Healthcare and dependent care
- Continuing education
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Current New Mexico Registered Nursing License
Graduate of nursing school required; BSN preferred
3 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership nursing role
preferred; 2 years of administrative and/or correctional nursing
experience can be substituted for BSN.
Current CPR certification required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ABILITIES:
• Strong leadership, communication, delegation, conflict resolution
and interpersonal skills
• Ability to function as a “team player”, coordinating efforts with
managers, peers and subordinates.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to
contract and the Company’s mission.
• Strong clinical/nursing knowledge.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to
independently solve problems
• General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative
and organizational skills essential.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining multiple deadlines.
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a stressful environment
• Must be able to direct facility staff to ensure compliance with
policies and procedures and completion of organizational
Keywords: Wexford Health, Midland , Full Time Director of Nursing at Lea County Correctional in Hobbs, NM, Other , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!