Horizontal Pump Specialist
Posted on: July 21, 2021
ChampionX has an immediate need for a Horizontal Pump Lead
Specialist located in the Permian Basin Region.
What's in it For You:
- You will join a growing company offering competitive pay and
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and technology
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and
What You Will Do:
As the Horizontal Pump Lead Specialist, you will support
our extensive customer base by providing excellent service and
support to their Horizontal Pump Systems used on Salt Water
Disposals, and Jet Lifted wells. You will also use your
expertise to train and build a top-tier service team that drives a
safe and continuous improvement culture to expand our reach of
As the Horizontal Pump Lead Specialist, you will be
- Perform all job duties with a Safety First approach.
- Maintenance, service, installation, and removal of all
horizontal pump systems components.
- Conduct routine checks and troubleshooting of customer's
equipment at their locations.
- Take ownership of customer's equipment operational excellence
to improve run time and mean time to failure.
- Communicate directly with customers on system issues and
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Train and mentor less experienced technicians on horizontal
pump systems to ensure they can service the equipment safely
following the organization's operating procedures and
- Continually research ways to improve the pump systems and
- Complete all required paperwork timely and with complete
- Complete all internal safety training and observations on
Job Specific Location or Training Details
- Candidate must reside in Permian Basin Region
- Route territory will include: South East New Mexico, West
- Workweek and shift: 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week,
excess hours, as required, to meet business needs.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Technical,
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting and
servicing Horizontal Pump Systems
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow prescribed company policies, procedures, and
protocols for installation, service, and equipment maintenance
- Interact politely and professionally with customers and/or
- Ability to lead and influence a team
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Follow all safety policies and company-wide safety
requirements; encourage action assuring safe behavior; confront
unsafe behavior and conditions proactively and positively
- Work in an unsupervised environment
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Use a computer to communicate, create, and access data
- Determine the priorities, goals, and objectives of work
The physical demands described here represent those that an
employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
General Physical Requirements
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs,
scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or
hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery,
or erratically moving surfaces.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending
spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a
considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities
and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to rest on
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by
bending the leg and spine.
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks,
particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against
something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force to draw,
drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher
position or moving objects horizontally from position to
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise
working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm
as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size,
shape, temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly
that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the
spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey
detailed or important spoken instructions to a customer or other
workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal
speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication and to make
the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers to use a computer.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: visual inspection involving small defects,
small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection),
using measurement devices, and/or assembly or fabrication of parts
at distances close to the eyes.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the
accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make
general observations of facilities or structures.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. Activities
occur indoors and outdoors.
- Extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods
of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the
effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and
- Hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such
as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles,
electrical current, or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following
conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin:
fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Oils. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and
services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and
automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas
industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to
improve lives through our commitment to deliver
Our Commitment to Diversity and
we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on
a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and
achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of
associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and
provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual
qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting
employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and
opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any
associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered
In addition, we are committed to furthering the
principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through
Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority,
female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of
We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance
Keywords: ChampionX, Midland , Horizontal Pump Specialist, Other , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!