Operations Manager II
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: September 15, 2021
As a valued Univar Solutions employee, you understand that we are
more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner
dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through
the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s
most essential industries.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products
and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It
also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team
of more than 10,000 employees is helping build a company where the
best people want to work. We’re thrilled that you are exploring
opportunities where your actions will make a positive difference
every day. We look forward to building a strong future
Under the general direction of the District Operations Manager, the
Branch Operations Manager (BOM) is responsible for the efficient
day-to-day operations of the branch, including directing a team of
Supervisors and managing the branch’s annual budget and operating
Environmental, Health & Safety --
- Manages the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical
operations of assigned branch(s) including transportation,
warehouse and tank farm.
- Facilitates compliance to corporate health, safety, and
environmental affairs policies, including completion of all
required training, documentation and record keeping.
- Supports sales efforts consistent with corporate and regulatory
compliance, health, safety and environmental affairs
- Leads the emergency response team in the branch.
- Implements and manages branch health and safety program and
conducts safety audits in conjunction with Branch Operations
Supervisor(s) or Regulatory Manager.
- Conducts timely and detailed incident investigations and
communicates root causes and recommends corrective and preventives
measures to the District Operations Manager.
- Regularly briefs upper management on branch performance,
including cost and productivity opportunities and issues, and
branch or industry related trends.
Staff Supervision --
- Maintains a supervisory presence throughout the branch; ensures
daily pre-shift meetings are held, and regularly communicates
expectations to employees.
- Manages day-to-day work activities to ensure operational goals
and objectives are met.
- Ensures all employees have the required tools and training on
matters related to safety, operation standards and department
- Creates a positive work environment and fosters employee
ownership of branch operations and performance.
- Oversees the completion of drug testing and medical
surveillance as required.
- Directly manages team of Supervisors.
- Leads interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating
Supervisors, while ensuring the same is conduct for branch
- Ensures Supervisors are conducting routine employee meetings
and adhering to all Univar safety standards.
- May participate in the negotiation of labor contracts (if
Branch Administration --
- Develops email communications and correspondence with internal
and external customers.
- Completes inspections and paperwork associated with hazardous
waste generation and waste pickup transport.
- Leads inspections from outside agencies (DOT,EPA,FDA,DHS).
- Regularly participates in District Business Meetings.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive Branch Reviews to
Sales Support/Customer Service --
- Manages budget and operating plan to achieve branch goals.
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements and fulfilling
orders in a cost effective manner using appropriate risk management
and Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Assurance --
- Ensures company quality processes are adhered to at the local
- Partners with appropriate departments to resolves product
quality issues in an efficient and timely manner.
Inventory Management --
- Directs inventory management process; researches and resolves
discrepancies with appropriate personnel as needed.
Facility Maintenance --
- Ensures proper maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of
facility, buildings, equipment and fleet.
- Resolves facility maintenance issues with appropriate personnel
and reports safety concerns.
- Maintains close security and control over physical operations,
branch buildings, tank farms, grounds and equipment.
Process Improvement --
- Implements initiatives to improve operations.
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement
Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred (equivalent experience
will be considered).
- 5-7 years experience in operations.
- Knowledge of chemical distribution facility operation
- Working knowledge of governmental requirements related to the
chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. preferred or
demonstrated ability to attain such knowledge.
- Supervisory leadership; proven ability to communicate with,
support, and motivate employees to achieve operational
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a team
- Analytical; ability to track, record and report department
- Experience with performance metrics and process
- SAP experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel and
- High level of decision-making ability; balancing customers’
needs and company objectives.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle diverse
and significant workload.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of chemical distribution and
UNIVAR Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergency response situations.
- Some branches may require HazMat certification or Hazwoper
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or other protected
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Midland , Operations Manager II, Other , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!