ChampionX has an immediate need for a Maintenance Mechanic
Assistant in our Odessa, TX plant. If you are a are a
passionate technical professional that likes to work in an
autonomous, hands-on plant environment and you are a dedicated
professional with a proven track record of success, we invite you
to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing
company offering a competitive base hourly rate and
What's in it For You:
• Enjoy paid training allowing you to learn from
• Opportunity for a long term, advanced career
path in service, sales, or management
• Access to best in class resources, tools, and
• Thrive in a company that values a culture of
safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection
• Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1
of employment- medical, dental, vision, and more!
What You Will Do:
This position will primarily be responsible for providing
maintenance support to the Odessa, TX plant while maintaining safe
operations of repairs, trouble shooting, and installing various
equipment and components, i.e., piping, forklifts and etc. This
position will require occasional weekend call-out (including
nights) or holiday work on a rotating basis.
• Repairing, trouble shooting and installing
plant equipment components.
• Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work
• Comply with all SH&E policies and
• Utilize eMaint system - close out work orders,
record time, parts usage, support/reinforce cost control.
• Participate in safety meetings, planning
committees, TPM, and team functions
• Write equipment repair & preventative
maintenance (PM) procedures.
• Comply with all facility and department
policies and procedures.
• Perform & document preventative maintenance
procedures in an effort to minimize down time.
• Maintain a clean and safe working
• Communicate with operations on all work.
• Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis.
• Adhere to all Structured Safety Process and ISO
Quality System Requirements.
• Assist with all aspects of repair and
• Perform maintenance functions such as
lubrication, parts cleaning, sand blasting, painting and equipment
• Ability to drive plant truck to retrieve parts
• This will be a local position at the Odessa, TX
• Minimum high school graduate or GED
• Minimum 1-year maintenance experience in a
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to operate a forklift (forklift
• Must be willing to work various
• Experience with CMMS, Excel, and Word are
• Must have the ability to don a
• Must have the ability to wear fall
• Ability to physically lift 50 pounds, climb
stairs or ladders, and agile enough to squat and bend over (Agility
Tests 1, 2a, 2b).
• Must currently hold a valid Class C Driver's
License, issued by the state in which the candidate resides
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Team Player with ability to perform physical
• All candidates must have the ability to speak,
read and write English
• Immigration sponsorship is not offered for this
• Must have the ability to Lift/Carry up to 50
pounds chest high, climb stairs or ladders, and agile enough to
squat and bend over (Agility Tests 1, 2a, 2b).
• This role is deemed safety sensitive and may be
subject to employer or customer drug testing.
• Three (3) years maintenance experience in a
manufacturing chemical plant.
• Experience with the operation of forklifts,
drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters,
printers and gauges
• Skills or certification as a Welder, Machinist,
Pump/Mixer specialist, Millwright, Electrician/Electronic
Instrumentation Specialist, Pipe Fitter, General Mechanic,
Carpenter, Painter, Masonry worker, or Insulator
• College level training course, such as welding,
instrumentation, heating and AC Conditioning or other
construction/maintenance craft is recommended.
• Experience in customer relations
• Awareness of chemical safety and the measures
to take in the event of skin contact or spill
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry
programs and services, drilling technology, artificial
lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream
and midstream oil and gas industry. Our
world-class safety culture fuels our
purpose to improve lives through our
commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and
we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on
a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and
achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of
employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and
provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual
qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting
employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and
opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered
In addition, we are committed to furthering the
principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through
Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority,
female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of
We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance