Company: DCP Midstream
Posted on: November 17, 2021
DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to
meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus
on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a
strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing,
gathering, and processing assets across nine states. Job Summary
TheOperations Technician will be responsible to operate a process
(e.g.- plant, cavern, manned compressor stationstreatment
facilities), perform maintenance and repair of instrument and
mechanical systems, andensure safe and reliable operations. Theis a
operational and most maintenance,electrical,troubleshooting, and
repair tasks.This jobis assigned ashift atplantthat is staffed
around the clock every day. What you will be responsible for
- PerformsStartup, Shutdown, and operation ofvarious
equipment/systems but not limited to
- Gas compression,Cryogenic processing units(including helium
extraction),NGL Fractionator,liquid handling systems
- Treatment systems such as amine, glycol, Sulphur Recovery Unit,
- Utility systems such as cooling towers, boilers, furnaces, hot
oil, waste heat, Thermal Oxidizer, etc.
- Conducts routine inspection and operation of dehydration
- Operatesstorage and truck racks (such as condensate,
- Workswith others to optimize processing throughout the facility
and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes
- Conducts routine inspection of equipment and facilities
(equipment health, security, AVO- Audio, Visual, Olfactory)
- Leads pipeline pigging (receiving), hydrate management,
- Performs a variety ofMechanical Maintenance and Repairduties
- Maintenance and repair of engines, compressors and associated
components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and
lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintenance and repair of pumps and associated components, such
as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other mechanical equipment such as
block valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve
- Maintenance and repair of fixed equipment such as filters (all
types), strainers, dehydration systems, etc.
- Performs a variety ofInstrumentation and Electrical
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of end devices such
as transmitters, switches, fire eyes,hazgas detection, level
detection, loop tuning, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other instrumentation and electrical
equipment such as valve actuators, positioners, electric motors,
- Maintenance and repair of control system components such as
Uninterruptable Power Supply%26rsquo;s, Programmable Logic
Controllers, Equipment Health Monitoring devices, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of motor control systems and associated
- Performs a variety ofMeasurementactivities such as:
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of meter and
associated equipment (meter tubeplates, ultrasonic meter, flow
- Routine inspection, maintenance and repair of communications
- Product composition and quality sampling and testing.
- Work autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather
conditions. Available for callout.
- Participates inand successfully completestraining programs,
risk management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply
with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure
compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all
regulatory agency requirements.
- Accurately completesdocumentation suchas;timesheets, MAXIMO
work orders, safe job planswork permits and regulatory
- Optimizeswork in most effective (efficient and leveraging
priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process
(MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintainsfacility appearance and safety through good
- Effectively utilizestools and testsequipment as needed.
- Respondsto operational emergencies as a member of an emergency
- Performsand accurately documentsregulatory required
- May overseecontractors providing specialty services (Quality
Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and / or
- Writes technical reports and effectivelypresentinformation to
managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the
organization Job Requirements:Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil
and gas operations experience is required; 3 years of experience in
oil and gas operations preferred.
- At least 1 year of specialized experience in mechanical
maintenance, instrumentation and electrical maintenance, or
measurement is preferred.
- Valid Driver%26rsquo;s License and acceptable driving
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability
to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work extended hours, which may include evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Ability to work safely around various types of rotating
equipment Special Demands This job operates in both inside gas
plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include
inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at
times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations
up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move
around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130
pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders. It has been and will
continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of their
race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status,
disability, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: DCP Midstream, Midland , Operations Tech, Other , Goldsmith, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!