Hotel Front Desk Attendant
Company: Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2022
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Front Desk Attendants maintain and
promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all
times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and
JOB SUMMARY: Front Desk Attendants will provide superior guest
satisfaction while attending to guest needs such as
check-in/check-outs, reservations, and answering guest questions
and needs. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced
environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to
make a difference in each guest's day.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist
- Implements training of company or franchise policies and
procedures and operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information
including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates,
packages, promotions, the local area and other general product
knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Input and retrieve information from the computer including but
not limited to: confirmation of guest information, room rate,
selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, and invoicing and
billing of room rates and additional charges, processing debit and
credit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment,
converting foreign currency, and processing gift certificates and
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to,
ensuring rooms are serviced are correctly accounted and ready for
next guest to check-in.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and
negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, as needed.
- Performs duties of department at front desk, in maintenance,
housekeeping as needed.
- Communicates with other departments to coordinate events and
activities at the property.
- May count cash drawers, determine inventory levels, maintain
department equipment and supplies and make recommendations or
requests and communicate concerns to department
- Oversees cleanliness and organization of work area.
- Maintain and clean the lobby and bathroom as needed.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a
timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Customer service and cash handling experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on
receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is
acceptable to Love's.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register;
Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time
management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of
urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling,
stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment
working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the
public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to
high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The
noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT:From the founding of Love's, our leaders have
been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and
helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of
respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will
welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race,
gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental
ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional
working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these
things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a spirit of
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel
stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've
provided customers with highway hospitality and "Clean Places,
Friendly Faces." We're passionate about serving drivers with clean,
modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer
meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers
and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's
Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Keywords: Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc., Midland , Hotel Front Desk Attendant, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!