Pipeline Operator I
Company: Plains All American Pipeline
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Plains All American (PAA) is an industry-leading transportation
and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage,
processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas
liquids (NGLs). We own an extensive network of pipeline
transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key
crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors and
at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average,
PAA handles more than 6 million barrels per day of crude oil and
NGL in its Transportation segment. The company is headquartered in
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who enjoy working
as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work
environment. Our Operations department is a talented group of
professionals who are committed to conducting our business in a
manner that ensures the safety and security of the public, our
employees and contractors, our assets, and the environment. We want
consistent and predictable operations done the right way, every
The Pipeline Operator operates and maintains identified pipeline
assets and facilities including, pipelines, tanks, pipeline pumping
stations, LACTs and gathering facilities, to ensure accurate and
safe transportation and storage of products.
* Responsible for petroleum product movements in and out of
pipeline pump stations; uses tools and techniques to accurately
assess, quantify and quality crude oil and/or refined products; and
is responsible for storage of products, and custody transfer
activities with connecting carriers and customers
* Routinely inspects pumps and valves for proper operation.
* Responsible for accurate quality and quantity measurement of
crude oil according to Plains procedures and reporting of same.
* Performs monthly DOT tankage inspections, fire extinguisher
inspections, and maintains associated records.
* Inspects perimeter fencing, locks, etc. to maintain proper
facility, pipeline and ROW security and addresses and reports any
* Inspects and assures that routine and DOT compliance maintenance
is performed on ROW, equipment and valves.
* Maintains communications with Pipeline Control Center.
* Acts as witness to meter proving, crude oil shipment from lease
to delivery point and run pipeline pigs as needed.
* Perform other pipeline related tasks or projects as deemed
necessary by Operations Supervisor.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have pipeline knowledge and experience, and capability to
take on a wide range of pipeline responsibilities and ability to
manage pump station, pipeline and lease crude oil shipping
responsibilities resulting in safe operating conditions and in
compliance with government regulations.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical operational manuals
* Basic math and computer /PC skills.
* As job proficiency is attained, ability to calculate fluid flow,
determine and perform batch scheduling and coordinate related
activities and use basic sampling equipment.
* Must have a valid driver's license to drive company vehicles.
* Ability to speak read and write English.
* Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
* Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the
Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety
programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work
alone and with minimal supervision.
* Ability to occasionally lift or carry moderately heavy equipment,
working, stooping, kneeling, bending, climbing and walking
distances in all types of terrain.
* Works outdoors in open environment with extremes of heat and
* Able to accommodate travel, overtime, extreme weather, and
participate in "on-call" rotation as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Our employees drive our success. At PAA hard work is rewarded with
competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed
to keep you safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the
best results to our stakeholders and we also respect our employees
need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our great
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and
necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during
the application and selection process. Learn more.
Keywords: Plains All American Pipeline, Midland , Pipeline Operator I, Other , Wink, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!