Operations Supervisor I
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution?
Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
Our Branch Operations Supervisor (BOS) ll is responsible for the
efficient day-to-day operations of the branch, including
supervision of the employees, facility, budget and executing
operations related activities in a large facility or in a facility
without a BOM.
How You'll Contribute:
You will be responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and
economical operations of assigned branch, including transportation,
warehouse and tank farm.
- Facilitating compliance to corporate health, safety, and
environmental affairs policies, including completion of all
required training, documentation and record keeping.
- Supporting sales efforts consistent with corporate and
regulatory compliance, health, safety and environmental affairs
- Leading the emergency response team in the branch.
- Supporting branch health and safety program and conducts safety
audits in conjunction with Branch Operations Manager.
- Conducting daily pre-shift meetings and communicates
expectations to employees.
- Creating a positive work environment and fosters employee
ownership of branch operations and performance.
- Participating in inspections from outside agencies
- Direct supervision for Drivers, Material Handlers, Tank Farm
Workers, Chemists and/or Lab Technicians.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience in operations
- Knowledge of chemical distribution facility operation
- Working knowledge of governmental requirements related to the
chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. preferred or
demonstrated ability to attain such knowledge
- Supervisory Leadership; proven ability to communicate with,
support, and motivate employees to achieve operational
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel and
- Benefits start first day of hire!
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) provides unlimited vacation!
- Amazing company culture, laid-back office environments, and
work from home flexibility.
- Ongoing training from management
- Opportunities for raises/promotions
- Career progression
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Midland , Operations Supervisor I, Other , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!