Operator, Plant (Mentone, TX)
Company: Enterprise Products Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly
traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of
midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural
gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our
services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing,
transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation,
storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering,
transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined
products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine
transportation business that operates primarily on the United
States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's
assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million
barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products
and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas
The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and
maintenance of natural gas amine treating plants, compressors and
pipeline systems via both computer control center and onsite
operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited
* Operate a natural gas cryogenic plant and pipeline equipment
including, but not limited to: amine treating plants, chilled water
gas conditioning skids, electric natural gas compressors, TEG
dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement
* Operate plant equipment & system.
* Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
* Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or
prescribed operating ranges.
* Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to
detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or
* De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
* Operate valves.
* Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or
* Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
* Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety
culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and
environment at all times.
* Monitor gas gathering system through SCADA and make calls to
alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
* Ensure regulatory compliance and record-keeping requirements are
met and continually monitored.
* Read, monitor, and record various operating conditions such as
pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water
* Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited
to: reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid
separation equipment, valves, etc.
* Monitor, remove, and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other
lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
* Change gauges.
* Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking
out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
* Clean out site glasses as necessary.
* Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors,
light bulbs, and fuses.
* Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
* Maintain a near-perfect driving record.
* Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant maintenance
* Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas
associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
* Work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule.
The successful candidate will meet the following
* A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is
* Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical
environment or energy related field is preferred.
* A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is
* Knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various
kinds of systems typically present in a processing or fractionation
plant is required.
* The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as,
percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is
* Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating
content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is
* Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and
handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous
* The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders
of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a
business like and professional manner is required.
* The ability to modify communication style in order to influence,
persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the
audience and circumstance is required.
* Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly
and efficiently completes tasks.
* The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and
commitment to the role, team and company.
* The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with less
definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
* Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and
* Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and
* Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing,
sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including
alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect
* May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors,
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to
higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs.,
manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100-foot
pounds of torque.
* Must have the ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and
ride over rough roads.
* Must live within one hour response time of the plant.
Keywords: Enterprise Products Company, Midland , Operator, Plant (Mentone, TX), Other , Mentone, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!