Posted on: September 21, 2022
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and
team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing
assigned tasks, while providing WOW! customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible,
adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all
of the the following requirements:
Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Work scheduled shifts
and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends
and overtime as dictated by business needs. Take the initiative to
support selling initiatives (TEAM):
* Thank the Customer
* Engage with the customer and/or pet
* Advise products or services
* Make it Memorable
Groom Technicians are required to perform a combination of the
following duties throughout their day. Although daily tasks may
vary day to day, our business and staffing model makes it essential
every Groom Technician be able to perform all fo the following
duties accurately, efficiently, and safely on a regular basis and
without advance notice:
* Successfully complete the Paragon training for Level 1(Groom
Tech) by the required timeline of five weeks.
* Safe Pet Handling
* Bathing, Drying, Brushing and Combing all coat types
* Nail Trimming
* Ear Cleaning
* Preparatory Hair Trimming
* Basic Clipper Techniques
* Basic Finishing Techniques
* Customer Service Skills
* Demonstrating Professionalism
* Equipment Handling and Maintenance
* Ensures the safety and well-being of animals
* Inspects animals for external signs of parasites, disease or
injury and reports findings to pet owners.
* Practice Safety and Sanitization protocols
* Sanitizes and maintains upkeep of all grooming tools and
equipment to eliminates injury and spread of diseases to other pet
* Assists in generating business by calling existing and new
customers, scheduling appointments, follow-up phone calls and
reminders to customers, and verifying vaccinations.
* Maintains records of all pet clients to include services provided
and vaccination records.
* Operate computer as needed.
* Recovery of store, if needed.
* Ensure the safety and well-being of live animals. Sanitize and
maintain holding tanks and care for live animals as required
* Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
May also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Must be comfortable working with dogs and cats. Ability
to demonstrate patience and compassion for animals. Must provide
own tools (clippers, blades, shears) or be willing purchase
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Any suitable
combination of education and experience will be considered.
Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read,
write and count accurately.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
* Operate and use all grooming tools and equipment including
bathing tubs, brushes, combs, scissors, clippers, dryers, and
bathing products such as perfumed shampoo and soaps
* Communicate effectively with Team Members and customers
* Display compassion with animals and treat them accordingly
* Exhibit attention to detail
* Read, write and count to accurately complete all
* Problem solving skills
* Basic computer skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
* Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors generally on hard surfaces (concrete,
asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperatures are adequate.
* Requires work in assigned area of groom shop. Groom shop size
* Exposure to wet conditions, particularly when bathing dogs.
* Exposure to sharp grooming instruments, perfumed shampoos and
soaps, pets and pet waste.
* Exposure to cats and dogs of all sizes, breeds and
* Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no
less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
* Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, vendors and adhere to Company safety training
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position is non-sedentary functions. It is essential for Groom
Technicians to have the physical and mental stamina and ability to
move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to
operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently,
safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level
of customer service. Team Members in this role must have the
physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks
(with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to move and transfer live animals, equipment and
merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand and maintain a stationary position for up to 8
hours while grooming animals.
* Ability to frequently move for 4-8 hours per day around the salon
to groom animals, clean, and maintain the salon.
* Ability to utilize grooming instruments including shears and
* Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
* Ability to frequently stand, twist, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop
and squat frequently to position oneself to groom animals, clean
shelves, stock merchandise and equipment as business needs
* Ability to constantly operate equipment such as computer, cash
register, (Cashier experience is not necessary in the salon) mobile
POS system (if applicable) and other store equipment.
* Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
* Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
* Ability to successfully complete all required company
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A Team Member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Petsense is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tractor Supply Company
(NASDAQ: TSCO), is a small-box pet specialty retailer focused on
meeting the needs of pet owners, primarily in small and mid-size
communities. Founded in 2005, Petsense specializes in providing a
large assortment of pet food, supplies and services, such as
grooming and training, and offering customers a tailored experience
while providing the top-quality products they need at a price they
love. Petsense is proud to carry brands such as Fromm, Orijen,
Acana, Pro Plan, Science Diet, Victor, 4health, and Royal Canin.
Petsense is also committed to promoting responsible pet ownership
through pet adoptions, community involvement and education. For
more information on Petsense, visit www.Petsense.com.
Petsense offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical,
Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as
Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum
hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits
such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an
Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Keywords: PetSense, Midland , Groomer, Petsense, Other , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!